The Big Day (Part 2/2)

Niklaus's POV

Niklaus's POV

At first I was relaxed but right now, I was starting to noticed she was getting late. I hadn't a problem with not marrying this woman, but I did had a problem in seeming a foolish that everyone could do whatever they want.

Suddenly appeared the Bennett witch that was the braid of the queen I was about to met and warned the musicians to start playing, then run over to the altar to be in her position and when the door opened, revealed a young woman with an exquisite beauty, like I didn't saw before and I noticed that when she didn't look at me, she was looking at her people and smiling to them.

When the queen Caroline Forbes, soon to be my wife, come to the altar, she gave me a smile and I limited to smirk at her while trying to stop admiring her beauty, but was too complicate because she was even more beautiful then seemed at first, her blue-green eyes sparkled and her smile was bright, I could see she really had a pure heart and still had a light inside her...

"You may seat." The priest said then continue. "We are gathered here today to witness the commitment that this two young leaders are going to make. Caroline Forbes, also known as the Queen of Mystic Falls, is here in order to commit herself to Niklaus Mikaelson, also known as the King of New Orleans." Then looked at me and asked. "Niklaus Mikaelson, do you accept Caroline Forbes to be your wife?"

"I do." I said.

"Caroline Forbes, do you accept Niklaus Mikaelson as you husband?" The priest asked.

"I do."

"Good. You may now kiss the bride." The priest told me, and she just looked at me.

She didn't seem too nervous and she was definitely not excited for the kiss (I could see she wasn't like other women), but she gave me a smiled making me know that she was alright with it.

I rest my hands in her waist and pulled her to a kiss, she kissed me back with her hands in my neck, pulling me closer, then we broke the kiss and everyone clapped at us, I hold her hand and took her to the place where was going to be the Dance floor, because the first dance was supposed to be the husband and the wife.

"You are quite the dancer." I complimented her while we were dancing, around many other couples that were dancing too.

"Well, I had training. I happen to be Miss Mystic Falls." She informed me.

"I know." I said with a smirk while admiring her beauty but never stopping dancing.

"You always do a check background history before you meting someone or that was just a exception?" She asked me.

"I believe we should know a person that we are going to marry."

"I also believed that and many other things, but I had put my believes aside to marry you. No offense..." She said and in the last sentence she looked me in the eyes.

"Non taken. But why did you get married with me if was against what you believed?" I asked curious.

"Because as a Queen, I must do everything in my power to guarantee the safety of my people and my city. Even if that means going against things that I believe in. The safety of my people and my city will always be in first." She told me.

"That's quite the speech, love." I said with a smirk.

"It's the truth. If you didn't noticed, the King is meant to do the fightings and the Queen is meant to give protection and hope to their people..." She said and I nodded. "Do you mind if I stop dancing?"

"Of course not, love." I said and went with her to one of the waiters that were serving champagne and we both took a glass and drink.