Showing Mystic Falls

Caroline's POV

I spend the all day with Nik and showed him the small-town I grown up, and eventually I found out that this place was the village where he born and lived in until he turned.

"Thank you... for being by my side even when I'm all crying baby." I thanked him because it meant a lot to me to have him by my side.

"I'll be with you. Always & Forever." He said and I kissed him passionately.

"Caroline?" A woman's voice asked, making us look at her.

"Oh my God! Mary!" I said with a big smile and we hugged.

"Nik, this is Mary. She used to be my babysitter and kind of become like a second mother to me. Mary this is my husband"

"Klaus." Mary cut me off and shake his hand. "The last time I saw him you were marrying him because he was almost making us be in the middle of a war. So... what happened?"

"Nik, isn't that bad and I'm sure that once you get to know him, you will like him." I said and Nik have me a peck on the cheek, making me smile even more.

"If you say so." Mary said then looked at Niklaus and added "I know this girl her entire life and believe me, if you hurt her, I cut your 2 friends down there and that would be just the beginning."

"Marry." I said in a warning tone.

"It's fine, love." He said and looked at Mary with a serious face. "I will never do anything with the intention of hurting Caroline."

"I can see when a person is lying or being honest and you are being honest. I guess, you can't be that horrible person people say..." she said making us smile then she left to go visit her son.

We continued walking and I stopped when we were passing by the Town Square and there's a wall with the heroes and people who were important in Mystic Falls, being dead or alive that have a image of them there and I saw my picture next to my mother's. Every single picture has a note about what they did or how they were, so the town never forgets them and I went there to read mine because when I left, I hadn't any, I never felt like I deserved but apparently they did and put me in the wall.

AN: Picture in the wall ⤵️

I looked at the note and read it

'Caroline Forbes: A strong independent woman that fights for what believes, without stepping others. A true queen.'

"What's wrong, love? Why are you crying?" Nik asked me with a concerned look.

"It's just... I didn't expect to be on the wall. And this note it's so... I can't describe." I said and he gave me a smile.

"You deserved being in this wall next to this amazing people." He said and kissed my forehead, then we smiled to each other.

"You're the best husband I could ask for." I said and kissed him passionately.

The kiss was getting deeper by the moment, I couldn't stop myself. Yes, we were in public but I just couldn't stop kissing his soft lips. I didn't know if it was my hormones or it was the fact I hadn't had sex with him in a week and I was used to do almost every single day, but I just couldn't take my hands of him.