Avoiding him

Caroline's POV

I hated the fact how upset I got when Klaus told that he would pick power over love, he didn't hesitate or blink twice before answering... Why do I hate this much that he prefers power instead of love? He is nothing to me, he is just the guy I married to protect my city.

I spent all day avoiding Klaus and after endless hours, it was dinner time. I don't know why, but I had this feeling that if I saw Klaus again, I would end up yelling at him for picking power over love.

Why does he pick power over love? Why can't I stop thinking about it?

After Sarah called me, because it was dinner time and everybody would be waiting for me, I try to push all my thoughts about Klaus away because it was stupid that I cared so much about what he thought, he was nothing to me for crying out loud, he was just the guy I married to avoid war.

"I'm sorry for my delay." I apologized while seating next to Klaus.

"No need for apologies, we just got here." Elijah said and I nodded with a small smile.

I eat in silence and so did Klaus, Rebekah from now and then tried to talk to me about clothes or with Klaus about New Orleans by we always gave her short answers, Elijah also did try to start a conversation but without any success and when we finished our meal, I excused myself to go back to my room.

"We need to talk." Klaus said after following me to the bedroom.

"What about?"

"You avoiding me." He said and I gave him a confused look. "You can't avoid me, I'm your husband."

"I wasn't avoiding you. I simply had to make some phone calls."

"To who? Is there a boyfriend that I'm not aware about? You know the contract explicit states that..."

"I know. And I don't have any boyfriend." I told him and he smirked.

"Good. Now, we have to go to someplace for 2 weeks or so to our honeymoon."

"What? Why?"

"People are starting to talk." He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Can't you just say that we are not in a honeymoon because you need to continue ruling New Orleans?" I asked.

"My brother, my sister and my protégé are here so that wouldn't be an excuse." He said then added "Get ready because tomorrow we are going to our honeymoon."

"Can't be so soon, I still have to pack everything and..."

"I already order the maids to make your packs. Everything is ready." He said

"Where is this honeymoon?" I said to try to see the positive side of this situation.

"We are going to Paris first and then to Rome." He said and I couldn't help but smile.

"Seriously?" I asked excited and he simply nodded.

I was so happy that I hugged him. I always wished to visit Europe but there was always something that kept me from going and now I was able to visit Paris...

"I'm sorry." I said when I realized our hug was longer then usual and then broke the hug. "It's just I never went to Europe."

"I guess I will be your guide." He said with a smirk and I smiled, excited of going to Europe.