Ch. 96 - Aaron

KATHRYN'S POV

"He's been following us," Dad said as I reached the person tied up, "keeping tabs on us." "He's my cousin," I said as I glared up at Dad before looking back to Aaron as I untied his wrists. "Hey Kit-Kat," he said smiling up at me and hugging me once his hands were free. "Kit-Kat," I heard Daryl's voice from behind me, causing me to pull away from Aaron and look towards him. "First time I was introduced to him," I said as a blush slowly formed on my cheeks, "I may have had one of those Kit-Kat bars in my hand."

"And when I learned her name it just sort of stuck," Aaron said before wrapping me in a hug again, "where's your mom?" My smile faltered as I stepped back from Aaron and looked to my feet. "She died," I said, "some time ago when we were at this prison." "I'm sorry Kathryn," Aaron said before silence settled in over the barn. The only sound to be heard was from Judy in Dad's arms. I gave a small smile at her in Dad's arm before walking over and taking her from him.

DARYL'S POV

"Where is everyone," I asked as I glanced away from Kat holding her baby sister. "Couple people went to investigate his claim on there being a car big enough for all of us," he said as he eyed Kat's cousin, "the others are waiting just in ear shot." "Why do you keep acting like Aaron's a bad guy," Kat asked as she walked over to where we stood. "It's alright Kathryn," Aaron said giving her a small smile, "your dad's being cautious. Besides he never got to meet me before all of this."

"How long are they going to be gone," I asked, taking the attention off of the stranger and looking to Rick. "Supposed to be 60 minutes," Rick said as he looked around, "they should be back soon though unless what he said was a lie and they ran into trouble." "I can't believe what I'm hearing," Kat said as she turned around and walked towards the back of the barn where there was a table full of stuff. "Rick if it'll make you feel any better," Aaron said causing me and Rick to look at him, "you can tie me back up." I looked over to Rick in time to see him indeed walking back over to Aaron and tying him back up before pushing him back to the ground.

KATHRYN'S POV

I don't know how long it'd been since Daryl and I returned before we all heard the sound of approaching cars. Jumping up, I ran to the doors in time to see our group members who'd gone out to check out the vehicles climbing out and walking to us. I felt Daryl walk up behind me before I glanced up at him with a smile. Returning the smile he stepped outside and gave a whistle for the members who'd been hiding. I stood back out of the way when I realized the ones coming from the RV had their hands full with all kinds of canned goods.

I watched, amazed, as they finally finished stacking the canned items on the table at the back of the barn. I could feel my eyes seeming like they'd grown two sizes with seeing so much food after having so little lately. I zoned out as I stared at the food, faintly hearing my dad and the others discuss going with Aaron to wherever it was he was staying at that had all this food. "We're not going," I heard Dad say before I finally snapped back to reality.

"Dad think about Judith," I said looking over at him. "I am thinking about her," he said turning to face me. "By turning down some place that's safe," I said glaring at him, "and protected." "Listen to your daughter Rick," Aaron said as he looked from Dad to me then back to Dad again. "We need this," Michonne said as she looked at everyone and then finally Dad, "so we're going. All of us." I watched Dad as he seemed to hesitate before finally agreeing, but not before saying that me, Carl, and Judy were riding with the others while he, Glenn, and Michonne rode with Aaron. Deciding not to argue, I nodding as we all began packing things into the RV.

Dad decided we'd leave at night, saying it'd be better for the group. Aaron tried to talk him into leaving sooner but Dad wouldn't hear of it. As he was walking him to the back of the car, I ran over to them and stopped them. "I hope when we get back to wherever it is you're staying at then we'll get to hang out some," I said before kissing his cheek. "I'd like that Kit-Kat," he said smiling, "it's well over due." I smiled and turned, walking back over to where Daryl was standing. "Let's get outta here," he said, "I think I'm starting to smell like horse shit from this barn."