Ch. 130 - Stranger

KATHRYN'S POV

I spent a majority of the day with Carl and Judy, taking the time away from them only to go and talk with Denise about the fact that it wouldn't be too long before this baby was born. I needed to know she would be okay with helping to deliver this baby. I couldn't ask Maggie to do this, not again, not after she helped Lori and then Lori ended up dying. I couldn't ask that of Maggie.

Dad and Daryl had been gone all day, and I was worried that they hadn't gotten back sooner, but I had the feeling that they were okay for now and that I was just being a worry-wart. So I kept my mouth shut for now on them not returning yet. I was seated out on the front porch with Carl and Judy, Carl showing our younger sister the stars and pointing out different things. "You do realize that she'll have forgotten everything you're telling her by the time she gets older right," I asked with a laugh.

This caused Carl to turn to face me, stick out his tongue and then finally turn back to look at the stars and continue on with what he was saying. I smiled back at him and shook my head before sitting back in my chair and placing my hand on my pregnant belly. Carl's enthusiasm for my pregnancy had been much like it'd been when he learned his mom had been pregnant with Judy. I loved seeing my little brother cuddling with our younger sister, loving her as much as me and Dad did.

I was brought out of my thoughts when I spotted Michonne walking up onto the porch. "Hey," she whispered, causing both me and Carl to reply with a greeting as well. I watched as her eyes darted from Carl and Judy, over to me and then back again as she regarded all of us. "You have a good day," she asked looking back and forth between us. "Yeah," I said with a nod, "nice quality sibling bonding time. Speaking of time, Carl I think it's time I get little Judith to bed for the night. Otherwise I don't think she'll sleep all night."

"Okay," he whispered as he handed her over to me once I stood to my feet. "I'll be right back," I said with a smile to Michonne before and made my way inside the house. As soon as I laid her down in her bed, she was fast asleep, the fastest I'd seen her fall asleep ever. When I made it back to the door, I could hear Carl and Michonne talking about something. Stopping just at the door, I could make out the ending of their discussion.

"It should be someone who's family," he said to her, "I'd do it for you." Deciding I didn't need to pry on the conversation any more than I already had when I didn't know what they were talking about, I turned and walked towards the living room and took a seat on the couch. They both came in not long after, Carl saying goodnight as he headed upstairs while Michonne walked into the living room and sat down beside me.

DARYL'S POV

Rick and I carried the guy into the little holding cell the people here had made, laying him on the ground. "It is pretty stupid of us to go out there isn't it," he said as we walked back to the door. "Uh-huh," I said watching him before we made our way out. "Do it again tomorrow," he asked. "Yep," I replied before we both headed towards the house. When we made it inside, Kat was fast asleep on one couch and Michonne was occupying another as she watched over her. "Said she wouldn't leave that spot until y'all both returned," Michonne said when she noticed the two of us.

"Need any help getting her upstairs," Rick asked as I walked over to where she lay on the couch. "Nah," I said shaking my head, "I got her. 'Night you two." "Night Daryl," Rick said with a nod as I slowly and carefully picked Kat up and began to climb the stairs. When I reached our room, I laid her down on the bed on her side before pulling off the jeans she wore and her shirt. Moving over to my clothes, I grabbed one of my shirts that she loved so much and put it on her before covering her up.

KATHRYN'S POV

I woke up some time in the middle of the night, Daryl in bed next to me with his arm wrapped around me slightly. Smiling at him, I couldn't help but stare at the man who at one time thought he wasn't worthy of love from someone else, well that is until I remembered why I woke up in the first place. I really had to pee. After quickly making my way to the bathroom in the hallway and relieving my full bladder, I began making my way slowly back to mine and Daryl's room when I spotted a man sitting on the stair case and Carl pointing a gun to his head.

"Who the hell are you," I said walking up to them, earning a look from the guy as Carl kept his eye on the stranger in our house. I watched as his eyes looked me up and down, reminding me that I was in nothing more than Daryl's shirt, but I wasn't about to back down without finding out who the hell he was and what the hell he wanted in our home. "People call me Jesus," he said calmly as he looked back in front of himself, "and I'm waiting on your parents to get up and get dressed." Confused at his words, I looked back behind me to see Dad and Michonne walking out of Dad's room, half dressed.

Okay guys, so I just posted something new a few moments ago. It's called No Fairytale. I'd highly suggest y'all check it out. Doesn't have to be right this second, but I would suggest you do before I finish posting for Complicated, and that won't be too much longer as I'm about 7 chapters ahead with writing. Anyway, check it out, leave comments 'cause I love hearing what y'all have to say. It's just a little rough around the edges as I had a hard time figuring out a good way to start it.
- Kenz