Ch. 79 - Moving On

KATHRYN'S POV

It was our first night all together again since the fall of the prison and Terminus. Dad was currently on watch, Daryl and I were to take over next but we'd snuck off away from the group for a few moments of alone time before we went and relieved Dad of his watch. Daryl had my back pressed roughly against a tree, his mouth attached to my neck as he nibbled and licked the area while I closed my eyes and bit my lip in an attempt to keep from moaning out loud. He moved his mouth the the back of my neck before I felt him quickly flip me around so that I was now facing the tree.

Instinctively I placed my hands on the trunk of the tree as I felt his calloused fingers move my red hair off to the side so that my shoulders, neck and back that wasn't covered were now exposed before his lips began trailing kisses downwards. I bit down on my lip harder to keep from moaning as he moved his hands to the waist of my shorts all the while he kept his mouth in close contact with the skin on my neck and shoulders. I gasped out when he quickly jerked my shorts and underwear down before he brought his lips up to my ear as I heard him unfastening his own belt and pants. "Better hang on," he whispered huskily in my ear, "this is gonna be quick."

DARYL'S POV

I smirked over at Kat as she attempted to keep from walking bow-legged. Well, I wasn't lying when I said it'd be quick, we only had a short amount of time before we had to relieve her dad from his watch and take over. But at least we both had our releases and even though I'm sure she was hurting, I knew she wouldn't complain about it. Hell she seemed to enjoy it a little rough. When we finally reached Rick, he turned around at our approach before looking to his daughter. I watched as this smirk crossed his face before he looked between us.

"Enjoy yourselves did you," he asked and even in the darkness, I could see Kat already beginning to turn red. "What do you mean," she stammered as she tried to hide her face not only from her dad but also me. "Got something on your neck," he said laughing as he pointed to Kat's neck before walking off as I watched her face seem to turn the same shade as her hair almost. "I hate you," she said swatting at me which only caused me to chuckle as I easily dodged the hit that was headed for my stomach.

"I didn't nothing wrong," I said as I tried to keep from laughing again at the rage on her face as we sat down by a tree that was set as the lookout post for each watch. "You gave me a damn hickey," she growled as she tried to glare over at me in the dark. All I did was smirk at her before turning my attention to the area around us. It was probably an hour into our watch, I was resting my head on the butt of my crossbow before I found myself just watching Kat beside me. "Why are you staring at me," she asked, not even turning to face me as she seemed to be able to just sense me watching her.

KATHRYN'S POV

When he didn't asnwer, I looked over at him to see his blue eyes were still focused on me. "I'm scared if I look away then you'll just disappear into a cloud of smoke," he said causing me to roll my eyes even though I was smiling. "When did you get so cheesy and sentimental," I asked smirking at him. It was his turn to roll his eyes and just as he was about to open his mouth and speak, the sound of rustling leaves and a snapping twig caught his attention. Jumping to his feet, he had his crossbow up and ready. Not taking any chances, I was up on my feet with the rifle Dad had left for watch in my hands and ready to go.

"Daryl," I whispered as I raised the gun a little higher, "what is it?" I was on high alert, especially since we'd just took down a pretty big place and if there were survivers, they weren't going to be too happy with us right now. He took a moment, looking around ahead of us before he finally decided to answer me. "It's nothing," he said, lowering his crossbow. He gave the woods ahead of us one last look before he turned his attention to look back at me. "But," I asked, my attention going back to the woods behind him. "It's nothing," he repeated, "probably just a squirrel or deer." Sighing, I nodded as we both took our seats back by the tree to finish out our watch.

Yes, I did just do that to y'all at the beginning. Sorry not sorry lol I like to tease. 😈
- Kenz