Ch. 135 - Gregory

KATHRYN'S POV

Dad handed me a hand gun that he had on him before we all followed behind Jesus as he led the way up to the gate to the Hill Top. I kept near Daryl but also near the center of the group, knowing that's where I'd be safer. When we got closer to the gate, someone from on top of it called out to us. "Stop right there," they shouted, causing us all to go on edge. Every single member of our group had their guns aimed towards the voice while Jesus had his arms out to try and keep us from shooting and causing trouble. But who could blame us, it was a force of habit, especially for those of us who went through hell several times over to keep a place of our own.

I watched as Jesus tried to calm things down, my gun never once wavering as I waited to see what was going to happen. "Dammit guys there're 2 pregnant women out here," Harlan said as he walked forwards to try and ease the tension, "look we vouch for these guys, alright? They saved us out there." I looked back up at the men on the fence, waiting to see what they were going to do. "Anything happens," the guy said before looking down behind the fence on his side, "it's on you Jesus." That next second, the gate opened and we were led in by Jesus and his group.

I kept the gun in my hand, ready for anything, as I walked next to Daryl with Dad just in front of us. This kind of stuff made me nervous anymore. I'd watched too many times what happens when we meet a new group and things go bad. I didn't think I'd be able to handle it again if something bad happened to the ones I loved while we were here. As we entered, I couldn't help but look around at the place amazed. It reminded me of an old plantation you'd find in the south back before electricity and all that was around. It's funny how it seems that mankind has went into a complete circle since then and returned to the darker days without power.

DARYL'S POV

I looked over at Kat as she looked around at her surroundings while that doctor and 2 others slowly walked by us. "Hey," he called out to Kat and Maggie who was just on her other side, "come see me whenever you're both ready. We'll have a look at those babies of yours." "Okay," Kat said with a nod before turning to see Maggie nodding in agreement. Kat looked up at me, waiting to see what I'd say about going to see him later. I just simply nodded once before placing my hand on her lower back as she finally completely relaxed her grip on the gun her dad gave her just outside of the fence.

Jesus led us over to the big house that was like a centerpiece for the place. Walking inside, I watched as Kat seemed to freeze in her steps a moment while looking around at the inside of the house. "Wow," she said before moving to follow behind me and her father as we waited for whoever was in charge to meet with us and have a little chat. I just stood there, watching as she seemed to walk around the room we were waiting in, looking at everything that was there to look at until the doors to a room off to the side slowly opened and revealed someone new.

"I see we have guests," the man said as he looked around at all of us standing there, staring right back at him. His eyes stalled longer on Kat, taking in the fact that she was pregnant. "Everyone," Jesus said, "this is Gregory. You could say he keeps the trains running on time around here." I watched as Rick tried to talk to him, before the man shot him down and saying we should go get cleaned up. "We're fine," Rick said as you could tell he was debating on if this guy was worth trying to talk to. "What about you young lady," he asked Kat, "are you fine as your leader seems to put it?"

KATHRYN'S POV

"He's my father," I said as I sent a glare his way for trying to stall us, "and I'm perfect, so why don't we go in that there office of yours and talk about why it is that Jesus brought us here? Shall we?" Even with the glare on my face, I had the smile to match it that said do not mess with me. I may be pregnant, but I had a feeling I could still beat his ass at anything he wanted to try. "Y-y-yes," he said after getting the message, "of course." Smiling sweetly, I walked past him and into the office he'd just walked out of, my group following close behind.