Ch. 107 - About Daryl's Job

KATHRYN'S POV

I looked over at Aaron beside me, before turning my attention back to Eric as he stared at Aaron when he finally realized something. "I'm sorry," Eric said looking down at his plate as he started playing with his food, "I thought it was done. You didn't ask him already?" "Are we missing something here," I asked as I looked back and forth between my cousin and his partner as he shook his head to Eric's question before looking to me and Daryl. "Ask me what," Daryl asked, causing me to turn my eyes to look at him but keeping my head facing Aaron.

"Will you come with me for a minute," Aaron asked as he started to stand, "Kathryn you can come too if you want." "Um," I said before looking to Eric, "I think I'll stay in here for a few moments and help Eric clean up. That way he doesn't have to be on his ankle that much." "Okay," Aaron said with a nod as he and Daryl stood to their feet before walking out of the dinning room and down a hallway. I looked to Eric with a smile before I stood and started picking up the dirtied dishes. "Oh you don't have to do that," he said quickly when he realized what I was doing.

"It's fine," I said with a smile as I continued, "so, what is it that Aaron's asking Daryl exactly?" "If you wanted to know you could've went with them when they left the table," Eric said with a laugh. "Yeah I could've," I said with a shrug, "but you still needed help in here so I chose to stay and help you out. So now tell me, what is Aaron wanting to ask Daryl?" "Aaron wants Daryl to take my place in helping recruit people," he said as he peered at me. I looked to him before looking towards where Aaron and Daryl had disappeared. Knowing what Daryl's answer would be, I put the plates I had in my hands down and stormed out of the house.

DARYL'S POV

I had been talking with Aaron in their garage, looking at the bits and pieces of the bike that was parked there, when we both heard the front door slam. We walked back to the front of the house to find Eric sitting there at the table as he stared at the front door. "Where's Kat," I asked as I looked around, only to notice that she wasn't there. "We got talking about what you were going to ask Daryl," he said looking to Aaron. "So you told her," I asked before turning and walking out of the house. I looked up and down the street before spying her as she headed in the direction of our house here.

"Kat," I called out as I walked after her. She stopped for a second, looked over her shoulder at me, before turning back around and continuing on. "Damnit Kat," I shouted and ran to catch her before grabbing her arm and pulling her to a stop. "Let me go," she said as she tried to pull away but I only held on tighter. "No," I said before turning her to face me, "what the hell was that?" "You know damn well what," she said as she looked up at me, "I'm not allowed to do runs here unless I'm doing something for myself or one of our group. Yet you're being offered a chance to go out there."

"What's gotten into you Kat," I asked as I pulled her to me as she started to cry, burying her face in my chest as her hands gripped the back of my vest tightly. "We've got a good place here," she said in a small voice, "but I don't want you going out there unless I can go too so that I know what's going on. That's why I went out so much back at the prison after we'd let everyone from Woodbury join us. I'm just scared I'm gonna lose you and I won't know about it until Aaron get's back to tell us."

"You don't gotta worry about me," I said as I pushed her back gently, "ain't no damn walker gonna get me." "I still worry," she whispered as she looked up at me with a tear stained face. "C'mon," I said as I turned her around and wrapped my arm around her shoulders, "let's get back so that we can get ready for bed." "I need to get my clothes from Jessie and give her back the dress and shoes," she said as she tried to stop. "You can do that tomorrow," I said as I kept her walking before leaning down to whisper in her ear, "and you should know, seeing you walk in at Aaron's looking like this made it damn hard to sit in that chair and eat."

Okay my little perverts, yes or no. If you don't know what the question is then look at the last sentence again lol. But I need to know by Monday cause I want the whole week to work on it.
- Kenz