Leave Your Lover • Liam

We sit in bars and raise our drinks to growing old
Oh, I'm in love with you and you will never know,
The bar top is cool against my forearms, especially in this warm bar. But this is where she wanted to be tonight, and everyone knows I would do anything to make her happy. 'Nothing fancy, no big clubs, just me you and a few others.' I remember the request specifically.
"Happy Birthday Y/N," I say raising my glass in her direction. The smile on her face is a sight I would climb mountains to see.
"Thank you for coming Liam. I'm so happy you could make it." She sighs leaning over until shes resting on my shoulder. Her eyes are closed now, as if shes taking a quick nap.
"That's what friends are for," I breathe into the top of her head, and wrap my arm around her. I cant deny that this feels perfect, just having my arm around her. She took another sip of what ever was in her glass before sitting back into my chest. She has these beautiful eyes, that never fail to amaze me, and a smile that brightens rooms.
"I miss you so much while your away," she confesses. "Nothings the same when your gone."
"Hey," the word escapes more like a whine than I intended but it'll work. "I'm here now so lets have some fun." I flagged a bartender down from the end of the bar. "Can we get some birthday shots over here please?"
A small giggle sneak past her lips, a sound over memorized a thousand times over, a sound that will never get old.
"Wait," She perks up and scans the bar. "There's someone i want you to meet." She edges of the stool until she's spotted the someone. "Stay right here." When she returns shes on the arm of a man, not much taller than her. His hand wrapped around her waist.
"Dean, this is Liam, we've been friends since we were little." Y/N introduced me to the man whose get her cuddled up awfully close next to him. He reaches out to shake my hand.
"Its great to finally get to meet you bro, I've heard a lot about you."
"I wish i could say the same." I responded without thinking, earning a very confused look.
"Oh I thought she would have mentioned me, I'm Dean Y/n's Boyfriend." The conversation continued on for a few more minutes before he awkwardly shuffled away. But I couldn't even focus on that, Y/N has a boyfriend, and from what I could hear they're pretty serious. And the worse part is she's happy, and I could never ruin that.