Soundtrack Series • Midnight Memories • Little White Lies

Harry: Great, she's pissed. You can't even remember the last time you talked to her, and now she's pissed. "Why didn't you stay here?" She asks, this had been her question of the night. You've been trying to get around answering it because you hate lying to her. You have to answer it this time, she's asked four times now. "I just didn't want to get in between you and Sydney." Good, that's believable. There's nothing from her on the other line, and you know she's thinking about your answer. You can read her like a book, even when she isn't in front of you. "You know that's a ridiculous reason," she counters, but her tone isn't as harsh as it had started out. "Yeah, but you know me," you return and she sighs, a sign that you're free. "I'm sorry," you add, knowing that will help your cause even more. "It's alright." You know it isn't. "I just wish you would have told me, you know?" "Yeah, and I'm sorry. I knew you wouldn't think it was a very good reason and then hate me even more." "Harry, I could never hate you, and you know that," she explains and you smile. You love this girl. Through to infinity, you love her. "Yeah, I suppose I do." You can sense her smile, and you wonder how long it has been since one has been across her face. You wish you could see it. Thinking about her smile is the only way you've been making it through the day lately. "You've been enjoying home, I assume," she says, and you can't help but chuckle slightly at her desire to continue conversation. "We'll technically I'm not home, but yeah, it's been nice to be around people that sound like me." She laughs at your stupid humor, and you can't help but close your eyes and take the sound in. You miss absolutely everything about her. Surely she knows that. That's why she's dragging on this conversation. She's driving you crazy, and in the best possible way. You wish you could see her right now. You wish she was the one staying with you on the road. The door to the bus opens and you cross your fingers it's a member of your team. No such luck. "Hey, listen, I've got to get to soundcheck. I'll talk to you later," you say, hoping you are able to keep to your word. "Alright, have an awesome show," she responds, and your heart begins to skip around at the gentleness of her voice. "Thanks, have a great day." You end the call and erase it from your log before sitting your phone down. You hope she doesn't check the time, because it is nowhere near time for you to be in soundcheck. "Who was that?" The blond in front of you inquires as she straddles your legs and sits in your lap. "Just a friend from home," you tell her. There was absolutely no way you were going to tell her the truth. She didn't even want you staying over in LA, much less having long talks while on the road. You don't even want to imagine how your call would have gone if you had revealed that you hadn't been staying over because your girlfriend forbids it. It definitely would not have ended like it did. You probably wouldn't have a best friend anymore. If she was even still your best friend. You haven't been doing a very good job of keeping her around and involved. Something you will be sure to work on because she is one of the only people in your life that deserves the best from you. It definitely isn't the one running her lips up and down your neck at the moment.
Liam: She lives with him now. How the hell is it possible that she lives with him now? You had done everything she had asked of you and look where it has gotten you, alone, while she's off shacking up with another bloke. You want nothing more than to forget these thoughts running through your mind. The half-empty glass in front of you is going to do that for you, hopefully. You can feel eyes on you; there are lots of them. This isn't your usual spot, but since you're on the road, a club is a club. The music is loud, and the liquor is strong; that's all you need. The eyes you've been catching all night are on you once more. She's hot; a definite catch. Nothing like what you want. But what you want is back at home sleeping with someone you should have gotten rid of a long time ago. You don't want to go back to thinking about how all of that had failed you miserably. Instead, you watch as the eyes and their owner walk your way. She isn't looking at any other person in this club, only you. She wants you. Of course she does, you come with a lot of bragging rights. You need this though, don't you? You need to get your mind off of everything happening back home. You need a distraction. "Hi," the girl from across the bar says once she is in front of you. Her accent matches yours almost. "Hi," you say, holding your glass up. "You want a drink?" She nods, and you hold your hand up to get the bartender's attention. "Get her another one of whatever she's been drinking, mate." The bartender nods his head and goes off to mix her drink. You hold your hand out in the direction of the seat beside you. "Oh, I think you and I both know we aren't interested in conversation," she acknowledges honestly. Forward, again, probably something you need. If you don't have someone pushing you to get your mind off of home, you're going to be miserable. "Can I go ahead and pay my tab, her's too," you offer once the bartender comes back with the newly mixed drink for the girl you had just met. "Yeah, sure." He walks off yet again, and all you can do is stare at her as she downs the alcohol you had bought for her. She is a good investment. She is going to distract you. She is going to help you forget. Security isn't going to be happy about having to come up with ways to hide this one, but they're probably so fed up with you that they would be willing to do anything to get your to forget. You feel her hand rubbing up and down your leg, each stroke getting deeper and deeper into the tissue. You shake your head, getting your wallet out of your back pocket and leaning over to lay two-hundred down below the bar. That should be enough to cover you both. You grab the hand that is stroking your leg and pull her off of the stool. You watch as security gets up from their spot and quickly makes their way in front and behind the two of you. "Oh, wow, what an escort," she says, her words beginning to slur. "Please, don't talk," you tell her. You need her to fuck you, not talk. Talking brings on much more than you are willing to offer her. She says nothing more as the group of you leave the club and head back to the buses. This has to work. You have to forget. At least for tonight you have to forget.
Niall: You've seen this guy before. He's one of her clients. However, she never went out like this with clients when her work was based in London. But you understand that he is very important to her business and that it is her job to make sure that he is happy and satisfied. You honestly wish you could be there though. It isn't that you don't trust her; she's never done anything to make you think otherwise. It's just all of these pictures would make the situation look less suspicious if you were in them as well. You scroll down to find even more of the two of them from last night. The update accounts are saying that they went out last night to a party, a function for his business. Photographers did not get pictures of them going to the party, but there are plenty of them leaving. She looked gorgeous last night. She wore one of your favorite dresses with the shoes you had bought her with your first major paycheck from the band. She was easily the best looking one at the party according to you, and you weren't even there. The pictures of her leaving the party show her getting into the back of a black SUV, her client friend following in behind her. You aren't sure why they would leave together, unless they were going to the same place afterwards. No more pictures have surfaced after the ones with the SUV. You refresh the page to see if anything new has been posted. You despise having to do this in order to keep up with your girlfriend, but she hasn't answered your calls or texts all morning, and hungover from this party is probably why. 'A ton of so-called sources are saying that (Y/N) and Stephen Harris went back to his place after his party.' That isn't exactly the update you wanted to read. However, 'so-called sources' aren't usually the most reliable for factual information. You need to get off of this account. You've never felt right checking in on her like this. Although in times like this she doesn't really give you much choice. A notification comes up, revealing one new post to be read from the account. There was no reading required for this post. '(Y/N) leaving Stephen Harris's apartment this morning'. She's in the same clothes as last night. She clearly got very drunk. That's the only way she would ever be leaving anywhere in the same clothes she arrived in the night before. You credit all of this to her drinking. There was probably no way Stephen was going to let her go home in that state since she lives alone. You have to thank him for that. He's taking care of her when you aren't able to, someone has to. She's so stubborn, you're sure she put up a fight, knowing how bad it was going to look when she left in the morning. You know how she thinks, and you are certain that is how the situation went down. If these pictures of her leaving are just now coming out then she is more than likely at home asleep. You will call her after the show tonight; she will be up by then. You're thankful she has friends in the city to look after her. You wish it could be you, but she's living her dream while you're living yours. You just, unfortunately, have to do it separately. You decide it's best to keep quiet about the pictures and the situation altogether. People will eventually realize her and Stephen are just friends and business partners and will soon get bored of seeing them together.
Louis: Back to the bus. The one place on tour you could actually call home. You lazily get up the stairs to find the front lounge completely empty. Usually there's at least one person from security waiting on you. Not tonight, you don't suppose they want to deal with you tonight. No one is even up front ready to drive. You roll your eyes, not even bothering to care what was going on. The rest of the lads were in their own buses, and you're sure they hadn't walked into empty lounges. You walk back through the bus towards the bunks, stopping by the fridge to get something to eat. You hear the door up front open but don't bother to look; it's more than likely the driver and you aren't interested in talking to him tonight. You aren't interested in talking to anyone tonight. All you want to do is sleep this road trip away and wake up in the next city. You can't go to sleep though. You've got to make a phone call. You set a reminder in your phone to make that call and head to the back lounge to play some video games; they will keep you up. The bus begins to move as soon as you sit down in the back. "Of course," you say out loud as you find secure places to sit down your beer and crisps. You turn on the Xbox to find the PGA game already in the console. "Fucking Niall," you huff as you get up from your seat to change sports. Once FIFA is in you get back to your spot and relax. You could do this all night, forget sleeping to the next city. Hours on the road go by as you drink, eat, and play football. The chiming of your phone breaks your concentration and you miss a critical corner that could have won you the match. "Fuck it!" You shout, throwing the controller across the longue and grabbing your phone. It was time to make the call. You know you wouldn't be waking her up. She stays up for these calls, but the time between you means she doesn't have to stay up very late to hear from you. "Hi," she greets and you can tell she is already in bed. "Hey, how have you been?" You inquire. You had missed a few of these phone calls this week. "I've been alright. It's been nothing like being on the road with you, of course. But I think everyone around here is starting to lighten up. I could be completely wrong though. They could just be going crazy." "Well I hope no one is going crazy, and that that is all in your head." "Yeah me too. How was the show tonight?" She asks as you rub your hand across your face and prop your feet up, sleep was hitting you now. "It was great, lots of energy, and the crowd was so loud." "That's awesome." "How's mum? Catch her jamming to anymore of our songs?" She laughs slightly, and you know she needed that. "Just here and there, nothing too fangirly." "Good, I know I haven't met her but from what you have told me, I honestly cannot see her acting like that." "I wish I couldn't see her acting like that," she counters with a laugh. Unusual silence falls over the line, but you aren't motivated enough to fix it. You sigh deeply into the phone, not catching yourself in time to pull it away. "What's wrong?" She asks, just as you knew she would. "I'm just really tired." "Well go to sleep, it's late. Sleep fixes most anything." She was trying to be helpful. "I need a break," you reveal, again before you can catch yourself. "You get a break soon," she counters quickly, trying to keep the conversation positive. "Yeah." A break in the tour is what you meant, sure.