51. anonymous buyer

madison and jughead were at the mayors office waiting for mayor mccoy to walk out

madison and jughead were at the mayors office waiting for mayor mccoy to walk out. once she did, jughead and her walked over to her.

"mayor mccoy." madison said, getting her attention.

"madison, jughead, what can i help you with?" she asked them.

"so, i'm sure you're aware that the chock'lit shoppe is on the verge of closing, and we want pop tate to know that the whole town is rallying behind him." madison explained as mayor mccoy rolled her eyes and started walking.

"we were thinking that you could make the building a landmark or declare a pops day in support." jughead said as madison smiled.

"what if i endorse pops and next week, more people are shot there? my priority, as a mayor and as a mother, is keeping this town safe. if we have to close pops, i'm all for it." mayor mccoy said, walking away.

"are you also all for shipping my dad off to a state prison for a murder he didn't commit?" jughead asked, making her turn around.

"what is this, an ambush?" mayor mccoy asked.

"it is whatever you want it to be." madison said, crossing her arms over her chest.

"i know you have an in with the state attorney. if you could just call him and try and get my dad a better lawyer? anything?" jughead asked.

"your father made some mistakes. i'm sure he'll get a fair hearing." mayor mccoy argued.

"danielle made some mistakes too, but she was let off the hook." madison reminded her.

"danielle, was let off the hook then left town. i'm not responsible for that." mayor mccoy said.

"mayor mccoy? you remember this moment. cause this is the moment that you turned your back on both pop tate and my father." jughead said as he walked away, with madison following behind him.

-

betty, madison, veronica and kevin were in the blue and golds office.

"we can't let the terrorists win. we need to host an event at pops that reminds the town of simpler times. like, a throwback to when the shoppe first opened its doors." betty said.

"betty... i like a good milkshake as much as any girl, and pops puts serendipity 3's to shame, but why this hill to die on?" veronica asked.

"orange freezes with my mom and polly after ballet. chicken noddle soup with my dad after ice skating. grilled cheeses with archie on the last day of summer vacation. it's where i met you for the first time, v. it's where i met both of you for the first time." betty said, looking at kevin and madison at the last part.