76. unlikely words

"this isn't an eviction notice, this is a demolition notice

"this isn't an eviction notice, this is a demolition notice." jughead told the serpents.

"we've already said our goodbyes to southside, jughead." toni said.

"today, it's southside high, tomorrow, it's the wrym. everything that makes the southside home... is gonna disappear if we roll over now, it's all over." jughead said.

"it's just a building, jug." toni said.

"no, toni, it's the soul of the southside. the uktena fought and died trying to protect that land. our parents fought to keep it safe during the riots. now it's our turn. it's our time. this is our fight. so who's with me? who's ready to go to war?" jughead asked.

-

jughead and a few other serpents were chained up to the high school

jughead and a few other serpents were chained up to the high school. madison went and brought them some food.

"you should've called, i would've brought you guys blankets." madison told her boyfriend.

"you would've tried to stay the night." jughead said.

"just don't get arrested." madison said as she kissed him.

"you better get to school." jughead told her.

when madison got to school she saw that ethel was handing out flyers. they were saying that she knew about southside closing and she was a liar that couldn't be trusted and shouldn't be the president.

-

the protest to save southside high was going fine until archie showed up with the wrestling team and he cut them from their chains in front of everyone

afterwards madison went over to jugheads place and she was massaging his shoulder as they ate some food.

"do you think it even made a difference? us freezing our asses off?" jughead asked.

"of course it did. everything has to start somewhere." madison told him.

"good. cause i've been thinking. we lost southside high. i don't want to lose riverdale high, too." jughead said.

"me neither." madison said rested her hands on his shoulders.

"and you've not heard more unlikely words come from my mouth mads, but... i wanna run for student body president. and i want you to be my co president." jughead said turning to look into madison's eyes.

"okay." madison said with a small smile.

"really? just like that?" he asked her.

"yes, just like that. i'm all in, jug." madison told him which made him smile and they both leaned in for a kiss.

it didn't matter that madison would be going up against her friend veronica, it mattered to her because it mattered to jughead.