74. hillbilly

"my mom is losing her mind, my dads not answering her calls. veronica, did you know that your dad was buying the register?" betty asked her.

"what? no, betty, of course not." veronica replied.

"see, this is what i'm talking about." jughead said.

"relax, jughead." archie said.

"don't tell me to relax." jughead replied.

"is that why you brought us up here?" betty asked.

"yes." jughead said looking at veronica.

"to get us out of town while your dad was doing these things?" betty asked.

"okay, now who sounds crazy?" veronica asked.

"lodge industries has been buying properties all over the southside. now he buys the one newspaper in town so people can't report on what he's doing? this is a classic gambit of mobsters and criminals." jughead said.

"shut up, jughead." andrew said.

"andrew, this one's simple so even you might get this if you stopped kissing up to hiram for two seconds." jughead said.

"how many times have i defended you? and now you turn and stab my family in the back?" betty said.

"it sounds to me like you should be mad at your dad for selling the newspaper, not mine." veronica said.

"there's nothing like, evil about buying a newspaper." archie said.

"he's trying to silence the free press, archie, keep mrs. cooper from coming after him." jughead said.

"i am so sick of your vendetta against my dad. he's done plenty of good things." veronica argued.

"oh, like what? name one thing." betty said.

"he's-" veronica began.

"he paid my dads medical bills." archie said.

all the sudden, they heard glass shatter like a window had been broken.

"what the hell?" madison said.

"where did that come from?" jughead asked.

"who else knows we're here?" archie asked.

"why do you three say it like that?" betty asked as they turned and saw a man.

"oh, my god." veronica said.

jughead grabbed madison and held her behind him and andrew grabbed ronnie while archie got in front of betty.

"you rich summer folks never learn. you just keep walking around town, flashing more cash than we see in a year. we're gonna take what we want, and then we're gonna go, if you guys behave yourselves, nobody gets their skulls knocked in." they heard cassidy said.

he was wearing a mask and there were a few other guys all holding axes.

"fine. take that you want. we won't give you any trouble." archie said.

"where's your purse?" cassidy asked veronica.

"um, it's... in my bedroom." veronica replied.

"then let's go to the bedroom." he said.

"no. no way in hell are you going with her alone. i'll go." andrew said.

"andrew. it's fine. i'll be fine. we'll be right back. everybody just needs to stay calm." veronica said as she lead the guy upstairs.

they walked back downstairs and andrew grabbed ronnies hand and asked her if she was alright.

"can we go already?" one guy asked.

"you got the cash?" the other guy asked.

"yeah. i got the cash." he replied.

"then you got what you wanted." archie said.

"not everything. not yet. why don't you all get down on your knees?" he said.

"come on, man. let's not do this." the other guy said.

"shut up. i said, on your knees. hands behind your backs. do it!" he shouted.

they all got down on their knees and madison grabbed jugheads hand.

"it's a nice cabin. sorry we have to make such a mess in it." he said getting ready to swing at veronica with that baseball bat but then the phone started to ring.

"the hell is that?" he asked.

"that would be the security company calling to check on the silent alarm i hit in my bedroom. i'd say you hillbillies have about 30 seconds to run for it before this place is swarming with guards who will shoot first and ask questions never." veronica said as two of the guys ran off.

"screw you, rich bitch." he said going to grab veronica's necklace but andrew stopped him by grabbing his arms and punching him.

"screw you, hillbilly bastard." andrew said but then the guy took off.

the teens went back to riverdale and they went to pops to try and calm down after everything that happened