64. mad world

madison, andrew and jughead went to riverdale high to talk with archie, betty and veronica

"so, the real story was in the sheriff's notebook." archie explained.

"there was a third child who survived the massacre." veronica said.

"his name was joseph conway. now, who knows." andrew said.

"they hid his identity, changed his name, so he could lead a normal life." archie explained.

"yeah." betty said.

"according to sheriff howard's notes, he was adopted by another family in riverdale, and presumably enrolled at a local high school." veronica said.

"here's the picture of the kid." andrew said passing it over to betty.

"if we match that boy to one of the students at riverdale high during the years he would've attended-" veronica began.

"then he might be able to tell us how the murders are connected to the black hood." betty said.

"or he is the black hood. just go with me here. let's say that out mystery kid did end up surviving the slaughter, maybe he even saw it. it would've messed him up for life." jughead said.

"yeah, and somehow he was starting to blame the town for what happened." madison said looking up at jughead as he nodded.

"and now is punishing us for it." jughead said.

"so, basically we just have to go through all these yearbooks, page by page, and see if we find a match, so not quite a needle in a haystack. what?" veronica said when she noticed madison and jughead looking at each other.

"um, well, we have to get ready for a party that we're going to be hosting." madison said.

"it's my dad's retirement party, so..." jughead explained.

"yeah, i was gonna go, too." andrew said.

"oh." archie, veronica and betty said.

"no, you guys should come." andrew said.

"i-i- if you don't want to, you don't have to." jughead said.

"i'm renting a karaoke machine." madison said.

"it's not a big deal." jughead said.