92. game master

madison and jughead were sitting alone in the bunker and she was telling him what she learned from betty.

"so you've confirmed? so, my dad played G&G in high school, huh? of course. it makes so much sense." jughead said.

"all of our parents did, and they all swore each other to secrecy. that's not even the crazy thing, when they were playing, one of them killed their principal back then, felix featherhead, either accidentally or on purpose, but he had blue lips, jug, just like ben and dilton. and that's why all of this has to stop." madison told her boyfriend.

"maddie, the fact that our parents played G&G just corroborates what i've come to believe. that we have been playing this game for a lot longer than we know. and off board. think about it. the hot dog rescue. what was that if not a quest? the serpents, the ghoulies. what are they if not warring tribes? might as well call us orcs and goblins." jughead said.

"juggie, you're not making any sense right now. but you're also not listening to what i'm telling you. we have nine suspects that are all very real, tangible leads. one of our parents could be a murderer. let's go investigate them." madison told him.

"you're not seeing the big picture. eldervair, the realm of gryphons and gargoyles, is an anagram for riverdale. the whole game is an analog for riverdale. the game only exists in riverdale. that's why we couldn't find it on the web." jughead said.

"yeah, that's a weird coincidence." madison replied.

"it's not a coincidence. it's all connected. it's all one big narrative, that's still being written and played." jughead said.

"jug, just calm down a little. who's even telling you all this?" madison asked him.

"the game. the more i play, the more familiar i become with eldervair, and its rules. the more i see the patterns. the more i understand him or her. and how we'll catch the gargoyle king. this game is their psychology. their imagination. it's how they view riverdale." jughead said.

"i think this game is messing with you head." madison said.

"no, no. this is the clarity i needed. it's the truth. G&Gs myths, they're our stories. our parents stories. it's simple logic, maddie. how do you catch a game master? you become a game master yourself. that's what i'm doing. and in the end, when i prove that i'm at his level... i'll com face to face with him." jughead explained.

"fine. okay. as long as you're safe down here that's one last thing i need to worry about. you stay here and i'll start with our nine suspects." madison said before she left.

-

madison was home and she saw danielle looking over at the tv

"what are you watching dani?" madison askd her older sister.

"they tried to escape from the prison." danielle said.

it didn't take much for madison to understand that she was talking about archie and andrew.

"but they're okay, right?" madison asked knowing danielle was going to visit andrew.

"yeah, they're okay. but maddie, joaquin is in there." danielle said letting out a sigh.

"then we'll figure out a way to get them out. all of them." samantha said as she walked into the room.

"yeah, and who's gonna help us? madison?" danielle snapped.

"excuse me?" madison asked.

"oh please, you haven't even as much as said andrews name since he's been put in there!" danielle said as madison shock her head.

"look, the last thing i said to andrew... wasn't the best i could've said. i just didn't wanna face him. but if we're making a plan to get him out? then i want in." madison said.

"then let's get this plan started." samantha said.

"and i know just the person to help us." she said.