71. civilized humans

that night madison went home and she got into her bed. she was about to fall asleep when her phone started ringing, it was jughead.

"hey, jug what's up?" she asked him.

"nothing, i was just calling to say goodnight. and, uh, i love you." jughead said making madison smile.

"i love you too, jug." madison replied.

-

the next morning, jughead walked madison to school

the next morning, jughead walked madison to school. the two of them were walking hand in hand.

when they got to school, veronica started to talk about the serpents making amens with her father.

"veronica are you trying to manage me right now?" jughead asked her.

"define manage." veronica said.

"people are gonna lose their homes." jughead replied.

"yeah, ronnie i love you and all but i don't think fp is gonna wanna sit down with hiram." andrew told her.

"jughead, why don't you come over with your dad and sit down with my dad, and hash this out like civilized humans face to face." veronica said.

"okay. one condition. your dad comes to sunnyside trailer park. i want him to see the people that he's going to be displacing." jughead said.

madison looked over at archie when she heard his phone ringing.

"fine. and trust me, no one is being displaced." veronica said.

"oh, my god. did you guys hear? my dads scanners blowing up. the police found another dead body this morning. there's blood everywhere." kevin said walking in.

"could the black hood have risen from the grave?" jughead said with a sigh.

"did they say whose blood?" archie asked.

"where did they find it?" betty asked.

"the investigations ongoing, but it was a gruesome execution at the motel. blood and brains splattered all over the duvet." kevin said.

"okay, kev, we get it." archie told him.

"i gotta go." betty said getting up from her seat and walking out of the room.

-

jessica and raymond were watching the tv in the living room while samantha was on her phone.

but once they saw what mayor mccoy had to say, it shocked all of them.

mayor mccoy was stepping down as mayor.

"why would she do that?" samantha asked.

"i'm not sure." jessica told her.

"hiram had a plan but i guess now it's useless." raymond said as he drank his bourbon.