97. quarantine

later that night, veronica was setting up a welcome home party when she got a call from a blocked number.

"andrew?" veronica said.

"ronnie." andrew said.

"i am so glad you called, andy. we did it. attorney mccoy worked it out with the judge. you're a free man." veronica told him.

"i shouldn't be surprised. you're amazing, babe." andrew said.

"i promised you'd be free by homecoming." veronica said.

"veronica lodge always keeps her word. thank you, ronnie. for everything you've ever done for me." andrew said.

"no need to thank me, lover. just tell me where to pick you up." veronica said.

"ronnie, i... i can't come home. i'm sorry." andrew told her.

"didn't you hear me? there's nothing to be afraid of. sheriff minetta is going to prison for a long, long time." veronica said.

"what about you dad, ronnie? he's still out there and i can't escape him. he'll always be hunting me down and i can't let you or any i care about get hurt." andrew said.

"where are you? i'm not letting you go off, god knows where, and alone." veronica said.

"i'm not alone. ronnie, when i first met you back in new york, you were the person for me. everything i could've ever wanted. i saw our whole future." andrew said.

"because we're endgame, andrew." veronica said.

"i hope you know how much i love you. veronica lodge, i love you." andrew said.

"if you loved me, you would come home." veronica said.

"you know in your heart i'm right about this, veronica. it just hurts too much to admit it." andrew said.

"don't you make me say goodbye to you, andrew montgomery. because i don't want to hear it back. i can't. i can't. i..." veronica said as she dropped her phone and kevin pulled her into a hug.

-

madison went back to the bunker and she went to find andrew.

but when she got there, all she saw was a note with her name on it.

she walked over to the letter and she opened it.

maddie,

i am so sorry that i have to leave you like this. i just thought that if i called you, hearing your voice would hurt too much. i have to go away, mads. hiram is still out there and i can't let him hurt anyone because of me. please don't worry about me. i'm with archie and jughead. i love you. please don't stop yourself from living your life because i'm gone.

love, your twin brother.

madison broke down in tears after reading that. she couldn't believe he was gone.

-

madison, cheryl and veronica were in the student lounge and they walked out

everything was different since the vixens minus cheryl had a seizure.

"first they cancel sports and extracurriculars. now they're shutting down the lounge. what is going on? as student body president, please, tell me you've got some insider information to share." veronica said to cheryl.

"though my powers as dauphine of riverdale high aren't absolute yet, i am cc'd on all school board emails, and they're having a meeting tonight." cheryl explained.

"about what?" madison asked.

"i think to discuss shutting down the school. and, veronica, your parents are leading the charge." cheryl said.

"of course they are. that is exactly what my dad did with southside high. and he definitely had ulterior motives then." veronica said.

"oh, my god." cheryl said as they all turned around and saw guys in suits and masks.

"they're setting a quarantine." madison said.

"and now riverdale high is officially a hot zone?" cheryl said as they watched some of the vixens get grabbed.

"that's one of the infected." principal wheaterbee said pointing at veronica.

"go veronica." cheryl said.

"run." cheryl and madison said.

that night when they went to the meeting, penelope ended up having a seizure.

-

madison got a call from jughead the next day saying he was coming home

that night madison got in her car and drove as fast as she could. she knew that riverdale was being put on quarantine meaning no one could get in and no one could get out.

jughead was gone with archie and andrew but he was coming back. she knew that archie and andrew were still not coming back.

she needed to get across that boarder if jughead didn't make it back in time. she was going to leave him behind. she needed him back with her.

madison finally got to the end by she saw a gate with guards standing by with guns.

"no." madison said getting out of her car.

she saw jughead and fp on the other side. she was too late.

"the hell is this?" fp asked.

"towns under quarantine. governors orders. no one in or out. turn around and go." the officer said.

"no, no, we live here." jughead said.

"not anymore. turn around. now." the officers said holding their guns up at them.

"jughead!" madison shouted trying to push the gate open.

"stop, go back." the officers told her.

"madison, it'll be okay!" jughead shouted looking back at her.

to say she felt defeated would be an understatement.