67. the tall grass

madison and jughead were walking into school and she saw that he still had his serpents jacket on

madison and jughead were walking into school and she saw that he still had his serpents jacket on. reggie tried to make jughead take it off but it just caused a fight.

everyone got a weeks detention for fighting and jughead got suspended for refusing to take off the jacket.

afterwards jughead just walked out and madison thought it would be best to let him be alone.

-

"hey, nick." andrew said walking into his bedroom.

after andrew learned that he almost hurt veronica and madison he decided he needed payback.

"what are you doing here? and why are you wearing that blazer?" nick asked him.

"just thought i'd freshen up. but hey, you remember cheryl blossom? you had written her a check covering the damages you caused. well, guess what? that check got lost. so, you are gonna write it again. oh, and you're gonna double it. right now." andrew said.

"that's it? money? checkbooks in the desk." nick told him.

andrew reached inside and grabbed for checkbook before throwing him a pen.

"i heard you got hurt pretty bad. how on earth did that happen?" andrew asked.

"ski accident." nick replied.

"right, ski accident. you must really suck at skiing then. i mean, you wiped out on the slopes and snapped both you legs? what are the odds?" andrew said touching his cast.

"yeah, i wiped out on the slopes, andrew. what the hell do you care?" nick asked.

andrew presses his hand down on nicks cast and looked him in the eyes.

"i don't care. i'm just a bit curious. i just find it weird. you come to riverdale, act like a total jackass, try to rape cheryl, and blow up some deal between the lodges and your parents, and skip back to vail? for some little ski weekend? it just doesn't add up." andrew said.

"you're not here for cheryl." nick said.

"yes, i am. i came here to get what you owe her, you scumbag." andrew said grabbing the check from him.

"i don't even remember you being friends with cheryl after the breakup." nick said.

"probably because you were high the entire time anyway, nick." andrew replied putting that check in his pocket.