Jac

She was so grateful to have her hand in Fletch's as they made their way to the scanner room. They didn't speak, they needed no words to know what the other was thinking
Eventually they reached the scanner room to be greeted by Sacha
"Jac, Fletch" he nodded  " ok Jac hop on the bed and sort your scrubs out"
"Ok - you know this is going to be cold" said Sacha squirting the gel on her abdomen
He moved the probe slowly all over staring intently at the screen. Jac looked at Fletch the whole time and squeezed his hand
"Ok"said Sacha finally" I guess there's good news and bad news"
"Good news first" Jac said
"There are no masses on your ovaries or anywhere else. No sign of any tumours"
"And the bad news?" said Fletch nervously
Sacha took a breath " you have an ectopic pregnancy which I guess is what was causing the abdominal cramps. It's not uncommon in patients with endometriosis and women who are a little older." He paused "Jac, you're going to need surgery - we'll have to remove that Fallopian tube"
She and Fletch were speechless
"I'll leave you for a minute" Sacha said leaving . "I'll put the engaged sign outside. Take as long as you need"
"Thanks"said Fletch
As Sacha closed the door Jac sat up, tears rolling down her face.
"Hey" said Fletch once again enveloping her in his arms
Jac gave a small laugh. "All I seem to do these days is cry into your shirt"
"I wouldn't let everyone do that you know. I make special exception for you" he paused "how do you feel about what Sacha said?"
" bit mixed - what about you?" Jac deflected the question. He knew better than to call her on that
"Well, relieved that there's no sign of cancer. Guilty for not being more careful and getting you pregnant, worried that you have to have an operation"
"Me too. I had pretty much convinced myself that it was cancer. I worried how I would cope,how you and the kids would cope" a sob escaped her lips
"But Jac it's not cancer babe"
"I know, I know. Sorry. It's just that this is what I've thinking all weekend. It's such a relief. And Mr Fletcher it takes two to tango, it was not just your fault I got pregnant we were both stupid"
"And horny" he smiled
"And horny" she agreed "I'm still scared Fletch, it's a serious condition you know. I've seen them burst and rupture the Fallopian tubes. You know I don't like to be knocked out and out of control. I was trying to supervise my own surgery after the shooting for god sake"
"Yeah I remember you crazy woman"
"I loved that you were there when I woke up you know"
"Well i didn't at the time but I realised I couldn't leave you. Wasn't long after that when I realised something else. That I loved you. I think my exact words when I suddenly knew were 'shit'"
"Well thanks a lot" she said pretending to be offended
"Oh come on. It's you and you know it was me, how was that ever going to work out?"
"Because it IS you. You made it happen Fletch. And you know what, I've taken so many risks with my heart since I met you that have felt out of my control -as long as you're there to look out for me when I'm under them I'm ok"