Jac

He really was my man. "Ugh that's so soppy Naylor" but she found she didn't care. They were standing in the mess of a living room in a house of 5 kids, she was slow dancing and kissing the man she loved more than life itself, wearing rubber gloves and she could not be happier.
" what are you thinking about with that smile on your face?" Fletch asked
Busted
" not you so don't flatter yourself " she smiled. " actually do flatter yourself. You and your family. I was just thinking I've never been happier. Shall I pass you the sick bowl?" She chuckled
He hugged her so tightly she could hardly breathe. " wow" he whispered " wow. You are a cardiothoracic surgeon, are you not worried that you could actually cause someone's heart to burst when you say stuff like that"
"Fletch, do your kids ever talk about their mum?"
They turned the music off (removed the marigolds) and sat down.
Fletch sighed "not really. I don't think Ella and Theo really remember her and Mikey used to kick off about her death and got into a lot of bother at school just after Natalie died. I think it's probably been hardest on Evie. I mean after we split I didn't really see the kids much and then after she died she got shifted to a new place, having to deal with her own grief, that of her siblings and mine. I was not prepared for the job of single Dad of 4. I mean we ended up pretty much homeless until Raf helped us out. Very occasionally I see her looking at photos on her phone of her but I think she's tried to keep in a lot and gradually things have improved."