Fletch

"Shit" he thought " that's not gonna stop" he braced himself as the red car hurtled towards him at the junction.
" Adrian Fletcher driver of black Audi hit side on. Other driver possible drink/drive.
GCS 7.
Suspected broken R ankle, injury to R shoulder. Neck isolated at the scene. Superficial facial cuts and bruises
BP 180/90
Pulse 90"
The paramedics wheeled him through to resus
" Wait. Fletch?" Said Charlie, shocked to see the ex ED nurse being brought in like this. He called Connie over " it's Fletch"
"Ok usual bloods, can we get a line in. Stabilise that ankle. Book a CT scan ASAP"
" i'll ring next of kin and Jac" Connie informed Charlie
"Where is he?" Jac demanded bypassing the usual procedures for relatives. " excuse me madam I'm afraid you'll need to take a seat" said a young nurse.
Jac gave her a look of disdain "don't be ridiculous" she breezed past. Jac spotted Connie. " What happened, where is he?"
" he's still at the scanner, come and sit in my office both of you" she smile at Evie" hi Evie. You won't remember me but I met you when you were little and your Dad worked on here"
"Oh hi" answered Evie
" of course" said Jac. She hadn't even thought about him being brought into an environment where he had worked. She knew how that felt
"Sit down. Please " Connie said
" do we know what happened ?" Asked Jac taking hold of Evie's hand
"As far as we can tell he was hit side on by a drunk driver "
Jac took a breath " what are his injuries? " she said quietly
" well we'll know more after the scan but he's definitely got a shoulder injury. Probably broken ankle. He's been in and out of consciousness. His face is a bit bashed up. We'll check his neck in the scan. I'll come and get you when he's back from CT"
Connie touched Jac's shoulder as she walked out.