Part 63

3 months later.

Scarlett’s POV.

“Babe, I’ll be back before you know it.” Aston promised. “I know, but I’ll miss you.” I pouted. “I’ll only be gone 3 days.” Aston replied. “Besides, you’ll have Ellie to keep you company!” “Yeah I guess.” I muttered. “I’ll ring you and text you as often as I can.” Aston said back, kissing me and placing his hands on my rounded stomach. “Be safe, both of you.” Aston added, walking towards the front door. The boys were only going away for three days, they were going to Ireland for a charity gig and to promote their next single. Needless to say, I would still miss him. Just as Aston left, my phone went off, a text from Ellie saying she’d be over soon. We were going to spend the next three days getting a lot of things sorted for the wedding. Me and Aston had set a date just a few days before, deciding on the 1st of May, 2013, exactly two years after we’d found each other again!

“Are you sure it’s a good idea looking for a wedding dress right now?” I laughed, as we pulled up outside a bridal shop. “Of course, Aston’s away, so why not?” Ellie exclaimed. I’d asked her to be my maid of honour, she was taking over the majority of the wedding plans, thankfully, she was so much more organised than me! “Well, if you hadn’t noticed I’m 5 and a half months pregnant!” I replied, pointing to my stomach. “Well there’s no harm in looking, besides, we can look for bridesmaids dresses too!” Ellie said back. I decided to have four bridesmaids, Ellie, two of my cousins, and my cousins little girl. We walked into the shop, I fell in love with the first dress I saw. “I want that one!” I exclaimed. “Uh Scarl, there’s hundreds of other dresses mind!” Ellie laughed. “Yeah, but that one, it’s beautiful.” I replied, walking over to the dress that had caught my eye. It was white and strapless, the front had a beautiful, yet simple design made out of Swarovski crystals. It came out at the hips, and the bottom half was made up of layers of silk and netting. “Okay, I’ll admit, that one is beautiful.” Ellie said, looking at the dress. “Can I help you?” The shop assistant said walking over to us. “Yeah, we’re looking for a wedding dress for Scarlett, and bridesmaids dresses.” Ellie said confidently. Stating the obvious, I thought, rolling my eyes. “Well, you’ve certainly come to the right place!” The shop assistant said. “My name’s Kate.” She added. “I want this one.” I said straight away, pointing to the dress that had caught my eye straight off. “That is a very beautiful dress, we have other ones very similar, or we offer a service, where you can sort of design your own dress, but it is a lot more expensive.” Kate replied. “What colour were you thinking of for the bridesmaid’s dresses?” “Blue, we’ve decided on a blue and while colour scheme.” I said back.

“Well that was much easier than I thought it would be!” I exclaimed as we sat down in the car. In the end, I’d designed my own wedding dress, I wanted something original, that reflected my personality, but it was very similar to the one I first saw. We’d also chosen the bridesmaid’s dresses, they were royal blue, off-the-shoulder, with one silver encrusted strap. “What do you want to do now?” Ellie asked. “Um, I’ve had enough of wedding prep for the day, I wanna go shopping for baby clothes!” I exclaimed. “But that’ll ruin all our plans for all this wedding prep we’ve arranged.” She complained back. “I’m running out of time here though! We’ve bought hardly anything for the baby.” I replied. “When exactly are you due anyway?” Ellie asked. “Around the 14th of November, so we really need to start buying stuff for the baby.” I said back. “You do realise, the 14th of November, is just 2 days after the boys release their next album?” She replied. “I didn’t actually realise, no.” I said back, thinking. “Nothing can be done about it now, I guess, that’s why I really need to make a start on buying stuff for the baby! The boys are gonna be so busy the next few months!” “I guess you’ve got a point, seriously though, we’re going harder on the wedding prep tomorrow.” Ellie said firmly. “I’ll do anything to make this work, I go harder, I go harder baby!” I sang over-dramatically, then burst out laughing. Ellie failed to see the funny side of it. “Scarl, I’m being serious.” Ellie sighed. “Oh come on, chill out! We’re supposed to be having fun!” I exclaimed. “We’re going shopping for baby clothes and that’s it!”