//92//

jisung opened the door once minho had dropped him off, sliding into the house without making much noise.

he looked up and immediately and was startled from meeting his mothers eyes right away.

"oh- hi." he was awkward, not expecting to see his mother in front of him.

she looked at him up and down, almost like she'd been expecting him to come home today.

jisung couldn't help but feel a little bit comfortable with the tension, not being able to move pass her though because they were standing in the hall to the front door.

so he just stood there, looking off to the side and feeling weird about everything.

he didn't really know what to expect- actually he didn't really expect anything. he just wanted to lock himself in his room and text minho like he usually does.

it was like that until finally- she opened her mouth to speak. "you okay?"

her voice didn't sound like it was coated in a layer of alcohol. jisung looked up a little surprised.

"um.. yes." he said, trailing off slightly, confused.

"good." was all she said, leaving and turning around to let jisung go up to his room.

while going up jisung stopped and looked back at his mother who didn't seem to have another bottle in her hand.

what had happened when he was gone?

why didn't she visit him?

he went up to his room- for the first time not rushing to get up there.

~~~

"you've been taking care of your ear right?" minho walked next to jisung- holding the plastic bags of food they just bought.

"sure am." jisung nodded his head, swinging the bag he was holding as they walked.

"okay good." minho looked over at his ear once again, observing it. "you've actually been taking care of it."

"of course i have." jisung spoke, closing his eyes knowingly. "i'm good at caring for it." he said proudly.

"wow i'm impressed." minho mused as jisung looked at him and smiled.

"so you sure we got all the right ingredients?" jisung looked inside his bag, looking at the items.

minho said that he wanted to cook for jisung- real food and not just soup all the time.

and plus, jisung heard that minho was a really good cook, so of course he wanted to get to eat a meal from him.

"yep, i made the recipe up so there's no way i can do it wrong." he said, making jisung impressed.

"you make your own meals up? wow i picked a good one. i'm about to eat GOOD the rest of my life." jisung said, giddy, holding onto minho's arm.

they were right at the front door of minho's house- however immediately minho knew something was different.

not understanding why he felt like this, he looked around outside. and he was right.

his eyes went wide from seeing a car parked just outside. jisung looked back at the vehicle and then tilted his head. "what? what is it?"

"oh my god she didn't tell me.." he heard the panic in minho's voice- and at first he got worried.

"wait what?"

"my moms here oh god- we gotta hide you!-" however the moment he went to pull jisung back to the car, the front door burst open.

"MY SON!!" a loud voice met their ears, making jisung jump and minho sigh deeply as his mother dashed up to him and engulfed him in one of those suffocating mom hugs.

minho got squished and while this was happening jisung still felt scared. if not more. this was minho's mother.

and here he was, this random boy holding grocery bags.

it seemed like only then did the women saw the boy there- she stopped giving minho kisses and smothering as she smiled. "oh who is this?"

minho caught his breath that was just squeezed out of him. "mom, this is jisung." he clarified.

"oh hello, are you new to the group?" her smile was so bright that jisung thought that if he looked too hard he would go blind.

"oh..! uh y-yeah.." he smiled, nervous, this was his first impression.

she looked like a very happy woman.

"so uh- not that i'm not happy to see you- but why are you here mom?" minho moved aside as his mother practically dragged jisung inside, claiming it was 'too cold' to stay out.

"well i just came to visit my minmin. i figured you'd still be cooped up at home but turns out you actually went out!" she clapped as jisung snorted.

minho and jisung put down the plastic bags- until suddenly a loud meow was heard from inside the house.

immediately minho froze. "did you bring the cat?" he made dead eye contact with his mother- who grinned as she slowly nodded her head.

"i sure did."

and just like that- minho flew.

he almost slid and fell, but he ran into the room which he heard the meow- making jisung run after him.

jisung caught up and peeked in the room to see minho happily and gently picking up a cat who meowed while being lifted.

minho looked at the cats face with a smile that was just so,,, pure.

his eyes did the thing and his smile was just so nice.

jisung couldn't even help but grow fucking soft.

"look, that's your mom." minho pointed to jisung after placing a kiss on the top of the cats head- speaking in a tone higher which was usually used for talking to animals.

jisung scrunched his face. "i think i'm the dad." he spoke, as minho sat down on the floor- placing the cat down however it just walked right back up to minho and sat in his lap.

"uh i'm pretty sure we went over this." minho reminded, petting the cat and paying with its ears as it purred.

"this is my cat soonie. i haven't had a chance to see my animals since i moved out of my parents house." he said, lighting up as jisung sat down next to him on the floor to see the cute animal.

"oh yeah what's that whole thing about?" jisung asked, never really knowing how minho has managed to live on his own for such a long time.

"well i used to work when i attended classes and stuff. i worked three jobs at one point," he began to explain, eyes literally glued to soonie as he played with her ears.

"when i decided to move i had my money but my parents wouldn't let me pay off everything myself. this house is mine yes, but technically it's their house too. they pay for it because uh.. they kind of have a lot of money from their business." minho smiled, unsure how to explain that without sounding like he was boasting.

"but as a price i had to leave my precious soonie with them because my mom also loves the animals." he sighed but then smiled from seeing jisung hesitate to touch soonie.

just as he was about to tell jisung to not be afraid, his mom busted into the room.

"were you planning to cook?" she questioned as jisung and the cat both jumped, startled.

"yeah, why?" minho asked.

"i came here to cook for you so that's what i'm going to do now, okay? good." his mom left and immediately minho shrugged.

"sorry, looks like i'm going to have to cook for you some other time." he smiled as jisung nodded.

if anything now he was horrified because he would be staying for dinner, and he was worried that minho's mom wouldn't like him.