~17~

~Taehyung POV~

"Taehyung sunbaenim..."

I turned my head to see Jihyo on the couch, her legs and arms crossed and a stern expression on her face. 
"What is it?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.
"I need to talk to you," She answered, leaning back on the couch. "About Tzuyu." That caught my attention and I sat a few feet away from her. "What about Tzuyu?"

Jihyo smiled coldly and tilted her head. "I've noticed that you care too much about our maknae," She commented, making me frown. "Stop that."
I tilted my head as well. "Stop what?"
Jihyo sighed and stood up. "Tzuyu wouldn't be caught up in this mess if it weren't for you. Our maknae just wants to be an idol, and you," She glared at me. "You're hurting her. Break up with Tzuyu as soon as possible."
I scoffed and stood up, towering over TWICE's leader. "I don't understand why you're doing this, Ms. Park," I said, crossing my arms. "I thought you approve of me-"
"I just want Tzuyu to be safe," Jihyo interrupted. "Being with you is dangerous for her. You're a famous idol.... the moment the rumors are confirmed, your sasaengs will start to harm her."
"I can keep her safe, Jihyo," I said. "I promised her that I'll protect her."
Jihyo smirked and tilted her head smugly. "Ok." She said, her voice challenging. "You can say that now, sunbae. But if our maknae gets hurt because of you," Her gaze hardened into a glare. "I will never forgive you."

I nodded and walked away, leaving their house.
I wont let you down, I thought while entering the car and driving away. I mean it when I said that I'll protect you. I don't know why I feel like I need to protect you, I just do. I need answers, Chou Tzuyu...
Why do I care so much about you?