Chapter 12

Another new part for this story, yay!Anyways, please leave any suggestions below if you guys have any ideas, and let's continue this storybook! Also, happy birthday, Yugi Muto! ❤️

                     Happy birthday or not?

Yugi was currently at home with his mother, and it was early in the morning. He found it a bit odd that she wasn't really mentioning anything about today. "Hey, Mom? Do you have plans for today?" I asked her, and she nodded. "Sorry, sweetie. I'm all booked up today."She said to him, and he found it odd that not even Atem was saying anything.

Yugi tried to find the others by going to his grandfather's duel card shop, but he was a bit thrown off when he found the place empty. "Man, where are my friends? It's my birthday, and they ditched me..." He thought as Atem had kept quiet this entire time, and he felt lonely.

Time passed by, and Yugi's friends had set everything up for the surprise party. Atem appeared in spirit, and he told them that Yugi was being a bit suspicious of their odd behavior. "Well, tell Yugi to meet us here in a few hours, pal."Joey said to him, and he nodded.

Tea and Joey kept putting up balloons, and Yugi's mother and grandfather were done with setting up the food and putting the cake in the right place. "Alright, should be good to go. Yugi will be so surprised that he'll be shaking in his boots."Joey said to them, and they agreed.

Those few hours passed, and Yugi was already going to give up looking for his friends. Atem appeared, and he told Yuki to meet the others in Domino City's small auditorium. "Fine, Atem. I trust you."He said to the older spirit, and he ran towards the place.

"Okay, seriously? There's no-."He didn't finish his sentence as the lights turned on automatically. "SURPRISE! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, YUGI! "They all shouted, and Yugi didn't know what to say. He was speechless, and he cried tears of happiness.

"You guys didn't have to."He said to them as they each gave him a hug, and he was still shocked since he thought they had forgotten his birthday, but he was glad to have waited for such a sweet surprise from his family and friends.