Chapter 83~play by the rules

((I'm WaTchInG anOtHer PurGe Movie #blessthenewfoundingfathersforlettinguspurgeandlettingusclenseourselfofoursins James be lookin like Gordon Ramsey up in here 🦗🦟🦗🦟🦗🦟))

Tomorrow is moving day

I woke up, not from a nightmare but from pure instinct. It felt weird to hear the creaking of the bed as I sat up and Boris's soft snores. I looked over at him, he had a soft relaxed grip on my arm that I easily slipped out of without disturbing him. I had noticed the rain tapping lightly on the window. I have to learn sounds all over again like an infant. I forgot the sounds of obvious things but I'm learning as I go.
My feet struck the carpeted floor, pulling my body up was a struggle. I was tired and sleepy so I stretched it out.
Once I was done stretching I walked out of our room. Looking at the clock on our oven as I passed it. 1:04 am. Ugh.
I made it to the fridge. Grabbing a bottle of water. It was harder to find due to everything being packed away in boxes, though I was glad we labeled most of the important boxes.
I closed the fridge, startled by the bang that followed. But distracting myself and walking back to our room. Hearing the click of the lamp and the quick light that followed, "Theo?" Boris called out. Not knowing where I was. "Right here honey." I responded, catching his attention. He smiled in relief and waited for me to come back into bed. Which I quickly did.
He turned off the lamp laid down, sighing and grabbing my hand as I laid down next to him. "Tell me a story." I said he paused ((oh god lol theowhat)) "What do you mean?" He asked me,
I was surrounded by the dark abyss of our room, which seemed never ending, Boris's grip on my hand was all I could feel.
"Tell me a story, anything." I replied. Feeling his grip on my hand unravel. I knew he had a habit of talking with his hands. He thought for a moment all I could hear was his heavy breathing through his nose. "Have I told you... How beautiful you looked our wedding day?" ((Throwback Friday 😂)) I was smiling. I had Remembered that I still had my wedding dress, packed up in one of these boxes in a beautiful silver tote bag.
"Go on..." I stated, knowing his words were going too make my night a lot better. Since I was totally not ready for our travel tomorrow. "Oh gosh you'd be fast asleep by the time I finished Potter. I'll just sum it up in a few sentences." He said with a laugh, his thick Russian accent mixing with the sound of drowsiness in his voice. "You looked absolutely wonderful, I will never forget the memory of seeing your dress for the first time. God that thing was absolutely wonderful... where did you get such a thing?" He added, his hand hitting my stomach softly after he finished talking. "I don't remember the name of the place" I said after getting lost in my thoughts trying to remember where I had gotten the dress. "I do remember the look on all those women's faces when I came walking through the door like I owned the place, though i was only there to pick up my dress." I said, squinting at the faint strobe of light that came from one of the fake candles we had out out. I heard a snicker from Boris's side. Which made me smile and laugh to myself a bit too, I could tell he was tired, he pulled the blanket from underneath us overtop our bodies and I turned around and relaxed into his chest. I could hear the faint sound of a heartbeat...
The synch and rhythm of it lulled me into sleepiness. Closing my eyes and almost instantly falling asleep
((Koolaid jammers are kool 🌚🌝🌚🌝🌚🌝))