Chapter 123~ Elephant in the room.

"You step outside, you risk your life. You take a drink of water, you risk your life. And nowadays you breathe, and you risk your life. Every moment now you don't have a choice." - Hershel Greene

Day of the case.
Boris had gone an hour ago, proved by a text on my phone. I waited last minute to change nicely. Even with makeup, the bags under my eyes became obvious. Though I knew nobody would care. So I saved my makeup and headed out. Calling an Uber to get me there in time
~Time skip~
I arrived, the court was filled with people. The case hadn't started so everyone was walking around the room talking. Boris waved me over once he caught my attention. I smiled and walked over, placing my hands on his chest. Feeling as my fingertips hit the fabric of his clothing. His hands were placed on my shoulders. "Glad you could make it." He said, a smile appearing on his face, which I reflected back. "Where else would I be?" I replied. Kissing his cheek. He chuckled and ruffled my hair, "You can sit over there. Nobody is allowed to sit there without my permission." He said, pointing to a row of chairs that were completely empty. I nodded. He nodded back. We headed to where we needed to be, Boris. In the front with a blank expression and a dead stare in his eyes. The room grew quiet as the convicted murder sat down. Boris leaned back in his chair an evil grin stretched across his face. He opened his mouth to speak but was interrupted by the man "I didn't do it your honor." He spoke. Regret beaming from his eyes. Boris looked up at him, curls falling onto his face which he brushed away with his hands. "You can call me Boris." He said in a jokingly tone. The man nodded firmly.
They glanced and spoke about what happened. Boris would crack jokes here and there. Waving his hands all over the place. It was a constant back and forth. It shocked me how well Boris handled the situation. Even after the man flipped him off. He laughed and kept his chill. He was pure stone.
I'd always ask him about why he'd enjoy it so much. He'd respond after awhile of thought. "I don't know. It just feels like you have complete control." He'd repeat each time I'd ask. Which obviously showed during this case. Long story short. The man was found guilty of first degree murder. Though he pleaded to man slaughter, even after pure evidence was spotted.

God what an idiot

This is Theo Decker, signing off