Chapter 126~ Catching lightning

"Will he ever stop running away from who he is?
Death is in the powder of the pill. Life is in the hands of romance.
He still has a choice." - Casper (me)

The heat was almost unbearable, and the nights were scary and full of anxiety.
Neighbors and people worried about our health blew up our phone as the fire grew rapidly closer. We needed to flee tonight. There was no getting out of this.
I spent the night crying, I honestly didn't want to leave. I could hear the lick of the flames as it took down the house across the street. Hearing the wood smash against the pavement. Which scared me.
We packed the normal things.
The wedding tape/suits we wore came first. Next was our phones and other devices we could use to contact. Lastly was any money we could find. Which was enough to get us a good long stay in a motel, hotel, or wherever we go.
The bright light of the orange fire grew bigger. We knew everything was going to get devoured in the flames. All of our memories. The porch Boris would spend his hours on.  The hammock in the backyard, and other things that were filled with thoughts, love and memories.
I jumped as the smoke detector went off. Boris sighed and looked around for what would probably be the last time, grabbing my hand and covering his mouth and nose with a fabric mask. I did so as well, we ran to the car. Smelling the fresh ash and smoke in the air. It was hard to see, I just got into the car and covered myself with one of the blankets.
Boris hit the gas, almost whiplashing the both of us. He turned off the blasting radio. "Are you alright?" He asked, putting a hand on my knee. I just nodded the silence and the sound of the car filling my ears.
He rubbed his eyes, "Let's spend the night in the car." He said, glancing over at me. "Okay." I said, covering myself in the blanket. Feeling my body turn as he pulled over into a parking lot and stopped abruptly.
We both climbed into the backseats. Sitting down next to one another, it was freezing in here, though it felt good to be in cooler temperatures for once, I leant on Boris to take in his body heat.
He saw me close my eyes and rest my head on his chest. The silence had been so mentally loud.

Way to loud

This is Theo Decker, feeling sad once again, and signing off