Chapter 101~ nightmare

I jumped up frantically. I had another nightmare, my eyes were greeted by the dark red hue light that lit up the whole room and made it red, it helped us sleep. Plus we liked the color.
Though in this time it scared me, the previous hours we had moved our daughters stuff out of the house. We were sore to the bone when we finally got it all out, we were mentally exhausted and the whole bed was practically covered in tears from our broken hearts. The marking where the bed was on the carpet was still there. I couldn't look without tearing up or feeling guilty.
Boris noticed my sudden awakening and sat up. He turned on the lamp. "What's wrong?" He asked, rubbing his eyes out of exhaustion. "Nightmare, sorry for waking you." I replied, I felt bad. He looked down at my pill bottles that sat on my nightstand. "Are your pills not working?" He asked, with a sigh I nodded. "We might need to double up the dose then." He added, pulling me close and back under the sheets that fell off my body. He groaned and placed his head in the crease of my neck. I smiled and put my chin on top of his head. I stared at the humidifier that sat across the room. We used it for my allergies that kicked in a week ago or so. It helped a lot.
I could tell he was still half awake because of his content stirring and yawning. So I put my hand on his back, rubbing up and down. Feeling the notches of his spine. Each bone leading up to his neck. I did so until I was sure he was asleep. I kisses his head lightly and tried to fall back asleep myself. Which was hard to do. But I was able to accomplish it.