Prologue (October 15, 2020)

October 15, 2020 - Chicago Med

Gabby's POV: It has been 72 hours since my brother was last awake. He was still unconscious as I decided to visit Laura again after having lunch at home with Matt. She has been here by his side the entire time. If you didn't know them...you would think she was still his wife. However, they were divorced. Wonder if that is going to stay that long. As I walked up to her, I gave her some food.

"Laura, you need to eat. Even though you aren't with my brother and are no longer my sister-in-law, we both know he wouldn't want you to starve." She sighed and looked up at me. "I still can't believe that he is in here not because of him being a cop but because of a stupid car accident." I nodded and sighed. "Trust me, it was bad Laura. I was there remember?"

Laura then looked up at me. "I am so sorry you had to see that. How are you doing?" I sighed and then looked at her. "Let's just concentrate on Antonio right now." I then moved to sit down when I heard my brother speak. "Why are you concentrating on me when you should be concentrating on your son Gabby?" I turned to look at him shocked. 

"Tonio! Thank god you are awake." He reached out to me and smiled. "Laura, you're here too?" She nodded and smiled. "It was either me or the kids." He then got worried. "God, please tell me the kids weren't hurt." She shook her head and got him to relax. "Antonio, they are fine. You were alone in the car. It was actually Matt and Gabby the found you."

I looked at him and nodded. I then smiled when I heard Matt walk in after calling Severide to check on Matteo. He then noticed that Antonio was awake. "Well, if it isn't sleeping beauty? Now, which one of these two women here gave you the magic kiss to wake you up?" Antonio looked at him and tried to laugh. "Oh, that hurts."

I turned to look at Matt and smiled at him. "Listen, let's give them a moment. We can find the doctor and you can fill me in on what's happening at home?" Matt nodded and smiled before leading me out of the room so that Antonio and Laura can talk for a moment.