Chapter 379

Gabby's POV: As we walked into the common room, I smiled when we saw everybody. Luckily Matteo was awake so they were able to be loud. "If it isn't the Casey-Dawson clan?" I chuckled when they said that. "It's just Casey." Matt turned to look at me and smiled. "You changed your name officially?" I nodded and smiled. "Yes, but at work I am still Dawson."

Everybody nodded. Hermann then yelled out the changed name. "Then if it isn't the Caseys" I smiled when I heard that before going to hug him. "How are Cindy and the kids?" He smiled. "They are good. What are you guys doing here?" Matt smiled at him. "We have to talk to chief about something. But, you might want to come since it involves you."

I turned to look at Matt and remembered that, if he was not Captain...then Hermann was acting Captain. I then smiled as I went to look at Severide. "Severide, can you watch your nephew for a few minutes? We need to talk to chief." Severide nodded and walked over. "Sure thing, need to convince this little guy to work with me on squad someday."

Matt then glared at him. "Nice try, if anything...he is going to be the next Lieutenant on 81 with me as his Captain." He nodded and smiled before grabbing the stroller and pushing him towards the tables. Matt then looked at me. "Maybe we can stay for a bit after?" I nodded, agreeing. "Sounds perfect. Anyways, I need to talk to Hermann about Molly's"

Matt nodded and smiled before grabbing my hand and leading me towards Chief's office where Hermann was already waiting for us.