Please Don't be Mad

Matt's POV: When Gabby pleaded for me to nod be mad at her, it broke my heart. How could I be mad at her for wanting to have another baby? It's what I've always wanted. Yes, Matteo was enough but...a daughter would be nice too. But, I am not going to push it. I need her to know that she is my everything and I am perfectly happy with Matteo. And even if we did want to have another baby of our own, she would not be carrying the baby. I wouldn't let her.

"I'm not mad at you Gabby. We've actually already had this conversation remember?" Gabby nodded as I let her go a bit. "Here, eat up and let me remind you what I said." Gabby then went to grab her food before taking a few bites. After watching her eat a bit (and taking a few bites of my own), I turned to look at her again. "Gabby, we already talked about this before. And when we did talk about it, I told you a condition of mine. Do you remember what it is?"

Gabby shook her head. In her defence, a lot has happened in the recent weeks and this detail is very small. "Gabby, I said that the only way I would look to expand our family was with a surrogate. I'm sorry but...I can't, in good conscious allow you to get pregnant knowing the risk." Gabby rubbed my arm and calmed me down a bit because I was starting to get emotional. "If it was just me and you in this and you wanted to try, I would support you. I would've Gabby."

Gabby nodded and just let me talk, knowing I needed to say this because it was something that was left unsaid before she left. "But now Gabby, it's not just you and me. It's me, you and Matteo. I can't allow you to get pregnant and give birth without knowing our options. Like, is there a way to ensure that you survive another pregnancy? And Gabby, this is hard for me to say especially as a fireman because it is so hypocritical. I can't watch you risk your life for me."

Gabby then rubbed my back before whispering to me. "Matt, just curious...are these just your feelings when it comes to a possible second pregnancy, or are these feelings still from when I was pregnant with Matteo?"