Chapter 446

Gabby's POV: After making my way into the bedroom and getting ready for bed, I went to lay down and slipped under the covers. I was exhausted. Maybe tomorrow we can take it slow. However, maybe instead we could invite a couple over. I wanted to talk to Erin about her pregnancy. I felt like she was the cop version of me. We both were in the line of duty everyday and I was hoping to be friends with her since I was Jay's friend. 

Also, I needed to find somebody to give baby clothes to in case Severide had a girl. If Jay and Erin ended up having a boy, then they would be getting the stuff I got from the baby shower. I decided to send the first text to Jay since I had his number.  "How's Erin feeling tonight? The baby moving at all?" It didn't take long for Jay to text back. "She's exhausted and very moody." I chuckled, knowing he was probably tired too. 

I decided to tease him. "Awh, is poor Jay not getting any action in the bedroom?" I could tell he was laughing based on his response. "Shut up! It's worth it. When do you find out gender again?" I then sighed, not wanting to answer that question. "Ask your girlfriend that question. Either that or ask her if she wants to meet up tomorrow for lunch? You guys need baby practice."

Jay seemed to like the idea. "You and Matt off? I would like to talk about all this. And though Erin might not admit it, I bet she would like to talk to someone too." I agreed with him when I heard Matt come in. "Who's texting you that fast?" I turned to look at him and smiled. "It's Jay. I am texting him about Erin's pregnancy. He wants to come over for lunch to talk about it."

Matt nodded. "That sounds perfect. Since they are in a situation similar to ours, that would be great. I can even try and get a construction job out of him." I looked at him confused. "What type?" He then smiled. "I could build their nursery if they wanted me to." I nodded, loving the idea. "Okay, I'll tell him he can come over and you can talk to him about that."

I then sent Jay a text. "Ask Erin but, we are okay with you guys coming over." I then waited for him to respond and looked at Matt. "Here, get in bed while I wait for a response. I just want quiet time in your arms tonight." Matt nodded and smiled as he moved to join me in bed, getting close to me before bringing me in his arms.