My Last Thoughts

Matt's POV: When Gabby said that she had some thoughts right before I walked into the ER at Gaffney Chicago Medical Center, I wondered what they were. I got scared and wondered whether I should even ask. I was going to stop her but, it was too late. She told me and boy were they hard to swallow. They were scary. "My last thought was either this was going to be my last day on earth or it would be the first day of the rest of my life." 

I felt her run her hand down my chest before looking down at her. "Uhm....I am just trying to think of the right thing to say because, that's dark." Gabby already knew I was going to say that. "I know, I wasn't expecting a response. I just thought it was time you knew. I promised to be more open and to communicate more with you so....I knew I had to tell you. It was starting to eat at me that I hadn't told you yet. Matt, please understand."

I nodded and then kissed her forehead to give her more comfort. "Gabby, of course I understand." I moved to grab her hand and rubbed it. I started to play with her wedding ring before kissing her head again. "You were told that you shouldn't have kids because you had an aneurysm that...if it ruptured you would die. And the aneurysm was directly connected to a blood vessel that was going to be affected while giving birth."

Gabby nodded and then looked up at me. "I am just glad I made the right choice. I mean, I am here with the man I love, we have the child we always wanted and we are married again. Matt, you do realize that no matter where I was...you were always going to be my one and only. Yes, I tried to date other people in Puerto Rico. But, I couldn't move on. Not when you are the love of my life. That was another reason I had to see the pregnancy through."

I smiled when she said that before bending down to kiss her slowly. I just wanted to take a moment to kiss her because we needed to relax and I needed to cheer her up. I needed to bring her out of those dark thoughts and back into the good ones. The good memories we were now making here in Chicago with our miracle, Matteo. That's when I heard my phone ring. Pulling away from the kiss, I groaned as I looked at Gabby. "Should I ignore it?"