Chapter 329

Matt's POV: After letting Severide out of the apartment, I walked over to the fridge to check if there was any leftovers. Recently, I've been making larger meals so that we could have leftovers when I saw there was two sets of leftovers. I would make one of each since I didn't care what I ate. Gabby could pick one of the means and I could have the other.

Grabbing two plates from the cabinet, I put the leftovers on the plates before putting them both in the microwave for an equal amount of time. While they were heating up, I decided to go check on Gabby and give her some more water. Walking back into the room, I smiled as I just watched her lay down in bed. "Hey, I am heating up some of our leftovers."

Gabby looked up at me and smiled. "Great idea. And thanks for the water." I smiled at her before setting the water down on her side table. That's when I noticed she was struggling to sit up. "Here, sit up and I will help with your pillows." Gabby nodded and then smiled as I helped set up her pillows. She then leaned back and smiled at me. 

"Tonight, I just want to relax okay? We can kiss and stuff but not too much. I am still recovering and really just want a night with my guys." I smiled, liking that idea. "Want me to grab Matteo's cot and move him onto the bed so we don't have to move?" She thought about it before shaking her head. "You still need to bring the plates out." I smiled at her. "Or, you can come eat quickly."

Gabby thought about it and then looked at Matteo. "Leave the door open. I will be right out. Makes more sense and is just easier. Then, we can finish up and just relax in bed." I smiled and nodded when she said that before walking back out to the kitchen so that we could eat supper together in the kitchen while Gabby put Matteo in his crib.