Chapter 348

Matt's POV: I smiled when Christie asked me what me and Gabby were doing on the weekends leading up to Christmas. I then turned to look at her before kissing her head. "We are going to be going to some charity balls together." Gabby looked at me, shocked. "You got the tickets?" I nodded and smiled. "I got them for the CPD South Siders Ball on December 11th and the CFD Disaster Relief Fund Ball on December 18th." 

Christie then asked us about those balls. "How come I've never heard about them?" I then smiled. "It's mostly for in house or big donors. The CPD South Siders Ball is for programs that help youth and homeless in South Chicago. Meanwhile, the CFD Disaster Relief Fund Ball is for FEMA emergencies around the country." 

Gabby then smiled at me. "Okay, I need to make a call though Matt. My charity in Puerto Rico wanted me to help out at the CFD Disaster Relief Fund Ball, they have a booth there." I smiled at her. "Go ahead. However, I wanted to let you know that I volunteered us to be co-hosts of the CFD Ball." Gabby then looked at me. "Why's that?"

I smiled at her. "Last time I checked, you we're the best person to get big money out of donors. Or at least, that's what your former boss said the last time you were in Chicago for that special night that changed our lives forever." Gabby smiled and blushed before getting up. "Talk to Christie. I am going to call my contacts at CFD's Charity Wing."

I nodded and smiled as she got up before turning my attention back to Christie. That's when she spoke up again. "Matt, I really want to apologize for how I acted a while back. Honestly, I think her coming back has been the best thing that has happened to you. I haven't heard you talk this way or sound this giddy since she left for Puerto Rico the first time."

I smiled when she said that. "That's because she's the love of my life Christie." Christie was really happy when I said that. "By the way, I know you guys got married again. I saw it on FaceBook. You changed your relationship status back to married. So, what did you guys do this time? Did you do another courthouse wedding like the first time?"