Chapter 423

Matt's POV: After getting back to the apartment, I quickly grabbed all of our things as we prepared to make our way inside to the apartment. I was ready to get some rest in bed. Even though we did get rest in my office at the firehouse, nothing compared to being in bed. After walking into our apartment building and making our way to our floor, we walked into our apartment.

 After walking in, Gabby set her bag down at the door before walking into the living room. "Oh, there's my baby boy." Sylvie turned to look at her and smiled. "Hi guys." Gabby then went to grab Matteo and smiled while kissing his head. That's when I heard Antonio walk in. "We made you guys some breakfast. We made French Toast and bacon."

I liked the sound of that. But first, I needed to put our stuff on our bed. "Let me just put our stuff in the bedroom. Then, I'll come join you guys." Gabby then looked at me. "Put it in the laundry Matt." I nodded before walking away. That's when Antonio walked over. "Hey, so you guys want us to stay for breakfast?" Gabby turned to look at her brother and smiled.

"Of course I do. We need to talk, did you know about Jay and Erin?" Antonio then looked at me and then nodded. "I did actually. Wait, did you run into them?" Gabby smiled. "Yes, on our way back. The district is on the way back home." Antonio nodded and smiled. "I swear, it's like there's going to be a big baby boom at CPD and CFD."

Brett then chimed in. "Well, there's rumors Severide's girl is pregnant too." Gabby then turned to look at her. "That's actually been confirmed. But listen, let's sit down and eat. Then you guys can go. I am pretty sure Antonio needs to go tell his kids about your news." Antonio nodded. "They are coming over this afternoon." I smiled before walking over to the couch to sit. "Antonio, get us food. Brett come here and sit with me."

Brett nodded and smiled as she went to sit with me on the couch, ready to relax.