I Plan on Proposing

Jay's POV: When Matt mentioned that I was going to be asking Hank for Erin's hand in marriage, that made me so scared. Not only am I scared of him because he is Erin's father figure, but also because he is my boss. Who by the way, just so happens to also be an ex-con. "Trust me, that is not something I am going to be looking forward to. I mean, he is either going to kill me or he's going to hurt me when I ask him for Erin's hand in marriage."

Right when I said that, I heard Hank walk in. "Don't be too sure about that Halstead. You've grown on me." I turned to look at him and then stared at him, shocked. Matt then spoke up first. "How are you detective?" Hank nodded at him before going to shake his hand. "Giving this guy some pointers on how to be a dad to a newborn?" Matt nodded. "I am assuming you saw my little guy in the kitchen?"

Hank nodded and smiled. "Casey, you did good. He's adorable. And you got my second best detective out of a slump." I then spoke up. "Wait, aren't I your second best?" Hank turned to look at me. "You're third. Keep talking or break her heart...you'll be last." I then got scared of him. "Hank, I promise. I am going to love her until the day I die. Hopefully, as her husband?" 

I then took some breaths when I said than, seeing what Hank's reaction would be. He was about to speak when Matt spoke up. "I'm gonna give you guys a minute. Where's the washroom Jay?" I turned to look at him. "End of the hall, on the right." Matt nodded before leaving the room, leaving me alone with Hank. "Hank, please don't be mad."