Chapter 449

At the same time with Matt & Gabby:

Matt's POV: As I come back from a morning run, I walk into the apartment quietly because I don't know whether Gabby or Matteo are still asleep. Luckily for me, they aren't. Gabby is instead in the kitchen making some pancakes. Looking up at me when she hears the door close, she smiles at me. "How was your run?" "It went great. There was a breeze this morning." Gabby smiled when I said that while I made my way to the fridge to grab a water bottle.

"So, I got a text from Jay this morning." Gabby then turned to look at me. "We are not cancelling the plans are we?" I shook my head. "Of course not. It's just, maybe we should go there. Our place is a mess right now because we haven't cleaned in a while and...I wouldn't mind seeing the room where I may potentially be helping them build a nursery." Gabby then looked at me. "As a favor to them or as a construction job?"

I looked at her and sighed. "As a construction job. Honestly, if I can get spare cash...I am going to take it. Helps covers the diapers. That's the only extra expense we have to cover." Gabby then looks at me while taking a pancake off the pan. "Isn't it way more expensive with me living here compared to how it was pre-baby?" I looked at her and shook my head. "Not with dual income again. That reminds me, we need to go to the bank eventually."

Gabby looked at me confused. "What for?" I smiled at her. "We need to get back in a joint account. And we need to create a college fund for Matteo. I want to start sooner rather than later. If we both put $100 in the account each month, he can have over $40,000 to go to college at 18." Gabby smiled when she said that. "With what Antonio said about how much it costs, that's a great idea. If we can get him to a good college...that would be amazing. I never got to go."

I looked at her confused. "Then where did you go to college because you have a degree?" Gabby looked at me. "It's just from this community college. We didn't have much growing up so, honestly...I am just glad we are going to be able to send him to a better school. I always wanted that for my kids and knew that I would have to get a good career and marry right to do that." Gabby then bit her lip and looked at me. "Matt, you know I don't mean it that way..."