Wait, you Walked Here?

Matt's POV: When I heard Antonio say that he walked here...I felt so bad. I mean, I am yelling at my brother-in-law for driving here when he walked here. "Why didn't you say that in the first place?" Antonio sighed. "I never got a chance. Gabby just yelled and assumed. I needed the exercise and it's a beautiful day outside. You really think I would put your son at risk again?"

I nodded and then went to hug him. "Sorry man." He then complained about his arm. "Okay, arm." I backed up and sighed. "Sorry. Listen, how about we go in and tell Gabby what you just told me? It will calm her down. I need that for the shift." Antonio nodded and then smiled as he followed me into the firehouse so that we could make our way to my office.

After making my way to my office with Antonio, I looked in to see Gabby feeding Matteo. I then knocked on the door and smiled. "Can we talk?" She looked up and saw Antonio. "Just you." I looked at Antonio and sighed. "Give me a minute." He nodded and just waited outside. Walking into my office, I moved onto my bunk and then wrapped my arm around Gabby.

Looking down at her and Matteo, I smiled while rubbing his head. "So, listen...you need to apologize to your brother." Gabby turned her head and looked up at me. "Excuse me, who's side are you on?" I looked at her. "Yours. Listen, he didn't drive here okay? That's the truth." Gabby then looked at me. "How did he get here then?" I smiled and rubbed her leg. "He walked."

Gabby then sighed. "Now, I feel really bad. I mean, he walked here with his arm in a sling and a crying baby. The walk is like 20 minutes." I nodded and then went to kiss her forehead softly. "I am going to get him for you okay? You can apologize and then I'll bring him out to our friends. He can stay until we get another call okay?" Gabby nodded and smiled, kissing me.