Chapter 445

An Hour Later - After Supper

Matt's POV: As me and Gabby sat on the couch under a blanket, I smiled as I wrapped my arm around her and just let her cuddle up to me. While we were sitting it silence...it didn't feel awkward. In fact, it was exactly what we needed. Over the past few days, we have been so busy that we haven't just taken time to slow down. It's what we need sometimes. In our profession, everything is so fast and you can miss the little things if you don't slow down.

So taking this time with Matteo feels amazing. I also liked the fact that Gabby was taking a nap in my arms. She was exhausted after all the activity today. We have been busy in the past 48 hours and I am glad she is finally asleep. The next two nights sleeping in our bed are probably going to be paradise for her. She may not admit it but, we both know she doesn't sleep well on my bunk at the firehouse. That's when I saw the time and realized it was almost Matteo's bedtime.

It was currently 6:40 and I really didn't want to wake Gabby up while she was resting. Unfortunately, I needed to dim the lights like she wanted. Where's Alexa when you need her. I tried my best to keep her asleep as I tried to get out of her arms but failed. That's when I heard her wake up. "Matt?" I turned to look at her and sighed. "It's 6:40. I was going to go dim the lights." Gabby looked around and nodded. "Think he can sleep in his nursery tonight?"

I thought about it and nodded. "Of course, we have the baby monitor and it's ready. How about you go brush your teeth and lay down in bed? I'll give him one of the bottles you made and then put him to sleep okay?" Gabby nodded and smiled before getting up. She then moved to grab Matteo and smiled as she kissed him goodnight. "Goodnight my miracle." I smiled when she said that before getting up. I then wrapped my arm around her and kissed her head.

"I will take care of putting him to bed. Go relax in bed okay?" Gabby nodded and then smiled before walking away to the bedroom to relax. Meanwhile, I grabbed Matteo from her and carried him to the nursery where he would be spending the night.