Chapter 342

Matt's POV: After going to get Matteo in our bedroom, I smiled as I got him changed. Unfortunately...that led to him getting me all wet. I was not amused. Once I finished cleaning him up, I carried him to the kitchen while just wearing my jeans. "Okay, well looks like I need to take another quick shower." Gabby turned to look at me while making the sandwiches to see I was shirtless. She then smiled. "He have good aim?"

I just looked at her. "How did you know?" She chuckled. "It's happened to me before in the middle of the night. Those are the mornings I don't take a shower." He nodded and then smiled as he went to give him to me. I then moved to rub his chest, kissing him softly as I held Matteo. "Go take a shower quickly. I have the sandwiches ready. After that....I got a text from Brett. They just responded to a call down the street. She asked if she and Mackey could stop in."

I looked at her and smiled. "They must've had a hard call. I sent a mass text out to our friends that they could always stop by if they needed to be cheered up." Gabby looked at me. "Let me guess, you want our friends to still be around Matteo?" I nodded and smiled. "Yes, especially my truck and squad friends. Need to get it in his mind that he is following in my footsteps." Gabby just glared at me. "Or mine. C'mon Matt. Just think about it....mother-son paramedic duo."

I then smiled at her. "Just think about it...Chief Matthew Casey and Captain Matteo Casey." Gabby looked at me and thought about it. "Matt, we need to talk about that." I then got concerned. "What's wrong?" Gabby sighed and then grabbed my hand. "If you keep firefighting, I am okay with that. But....I am not going to have both of you in harms way. If I lost you, at least I would still have part of you in my life." I then moved to hold her close, knowing she was scared.