Pregnancy Depression in Puerto Rico Part 2

Matt's POV: As I finished eating my sandwich, I moved to put the plate down on the living room table. I then turned my attention to Gabby who was currently laying down in my arms, holding on to me tight like she was scared. I moved to rub her arm, trying to reassure her that everything would be okay before leaning down to kiss her softly. "Hey, I'm here. Talk to me."

Gabby nodded and then sighed as I moved my arm around her waist. I tugged the covers up a bit more to give her comfort when I heard her speak. "Matt, it had to do with what the doctor said. You know, the fact that I could die if I got pregnant." I nodded and then kissed her head, just letting her talk. "If we are being honest, I was so conflicted. I mean, this was our dream."

I then realized, we already had part of this conversation when I first found out but now...we were going to finish it and I am glad about that. "I mean Matt, think about it. I had to tell you eventually. Whether it be after I gave birth or after I had an abortion. I always promised myself that I would tell you. I just didn't know. Then, I found out it was too late to abort the baby."

I looked down at her and sighed, feeling bad for her that she didn't have a choice in the matter eventually. "So, I had to continue with the pregnancy hoping that everything would go okay. Then, I got depressed because the entire time...I just thought about the worst possibility. Heck, I was thinking about that right until I gave birth. Did I ever tell you what my thoughts were right before you walked into the hospital and found me there?"

I looked down at her and shook my head. "What were they Gabby?"