Want to Share?

Gabby's POV: When Matt asked me if I wanted to share...I thought about it before shaking my head. "It's not that there's anything wrong. It's just a whole bunch of thoughts...good thoughts...that aren't really related." Matt chuckled and nodded. "God, those are the best. When a whole bunch of memories come flooding back."

I nodded and smiled at him. "So, what type of build are we talking about?" Matt smiled, knowing that I was genuinely interested. I was always interested in his construction work because it was hot. I liked that about him, he was a do-it-yourself kinda guy and didn't like using a repairman for anything, he always wants to do it himself.

"It's a deck for an older couple. This year, I finished the deck. However, I negotiated with them that I would do the canopy that was supposed to be done next year." I got concerned when he said that. "Did you not finish it because of..." Matt nodded. "Gabby, don't blame yourself. We had a baby, I had to stop and the couple understood."

I nodded, happy about that. "I am glad they understood." However, I could tell that something was bothering Matt. "Something bothering you?" Matt sighed when I said that. "Their neighbors? They're Hallie's best friend and her husband. She didn't like that I moved on so fast after her death. So, it's hard to see them."

I started to get concerned. "Then should we really walk by there?" Matt looked at me and then realized that we probably shouldn't walk by there. "How about we head to the park nearby instead? That is going to be where Matteo plays in the future anyways." I nodded and smiled at the idea before turning around to walk the other direction.