Chapter 382 (October 20, 2020)

The next morning at the apartment:

Gabby's POV: As I finish another bottle of breastmilk, I am glad that I am now ready to go to work as I put my paramedic outfit on. Looking in the mirror, I smile at the sight of it because it still fits. That's when I see Matt come out of the shower looking tired. I then smirk because I know I was right, we should've went to bed earlier because I knew this would happen.

"I told you we should've gone to bed earlier." Matt then nodded before walking over to his dresser and putting some boxers on. "God, it is going to be nice working with you all day." I nodded and smiled at the thought. "Just remember, I am the boss today." Matt then looked at me. "Just make sure you let me help. Also, let me do the lifting. You still have to get your stitches out because we haven't made that appointment yet." He then went to put his shirt and pants up before tying his belt, now ready to go.

I nodded, remembering that. "So, I just wanted to let you know that I don't normally drive the ambulance. However, I can if you aren't comfortable driving it." Matt then looked at me and smiled. "I've driven one before. I went on a ride along with Hallie when we were dating." I turned to look at him and smiled. "Thank god you are not completely useless when it comes to medical." I then went to talk out to the kitchen.

Matt then yelled out. "Hey, what's that supposed to mean!" He then grabbed our bags before following me out to see Matteo sitting with Antonio on the couch. "Oh, when did Antonio get here?" I heard him ask me. I smiled when I walked into the kitchen to see Antonio made breakfast. "Right when you got in the shower. Looks like Antonio has breakfast."

Antonio nodded and smiled. "I brought some. I took the kids for breakfast before school and decided to bring my two paramedics some breakfast since I knew it was your favorite breakfast spot. So Matt, you ready for a slow day?" I then turned to look at my brother. "You son of a bitch!" Antonio turned to look at her confused..."What did I do?"

Matt then sighed. "It's bad luck to say that. Whenever somebody says that at the firehouse, we always have a busy day. Same goes for Ambulance since they are always busier than fire. So, thanks a lot. My first day as a paramedic and it's going to be hard." Matt then smiled before walking over to the kitchen and then standing next to me. Matt then kissed my head and sighed.

"I promise to help you a lot today okay. You don't know how I do stuff." Matt nodded and smiled before walking over to the breakfast Antonio brought. "God I love you so much." He saw it was breakfast from our favorite place and it was his favorite meal. I chuckled when I saw Matt move to put it in the microwave, ready to eat it. Once it was heated up, he moved to put mine in as well as we prepared to have breakfast together.