Care to Enlighten Me?

Matt's POV: After Gabby asked me to enlighten her, I knew that I couldn't hide behind the 'it involves your dad card' because she already knows that it does. So, I moved to sit down next to her once again after getting the drinks for the three of us and passed them out. Once I was sitting down, Gabby moved into my lap again and wrapped her arm around my neck while putting her legs in between mine. I smiled when she did that before moving my hand to her leg.

I then turned to look at her as I rubbed her leg. "Your dad almost got deported last year." Gabby stared at me, shocked. She then turned to look at Antonio. "Uhm, why didn't you tell me this?" Antonio looked at me and I just shrugged. "Hey, we were divorced. Not my problem." Gabby didn't like that answer though. "You still could've told me. That's what people who love each other do for one another." I nodded and sighed, agreeing with her because it's true.

Antonio then spoke up. "I didn't say anything because I only recently found out. You know dad, always into something shady and always close to getting deported. He's lucky he eventually told me so I could talk to the DA. She owed me a favor. Well, she owed the department a favor. We let her son off the hook for a DUI during her election season. Still hated that he got off." I smiled before feeling Gabby run her fingers through my hair. 

I smiled when she did that before looking at Matteo who was currently playing with Antonio's fingers. "I am calling it right now, you totally want another kid don't you Antonio?" Antonio looked up at us while still playing with Matteo. "What? No way. Even if I wanted to...I can't have them anymore. Trust me, Laura got me trimmed right when Eva turned 10." I then turned to look at Gabby and sighed. "Not right now, this is private."

Gabby nodded, knowing what I was talking about. We were going to have this conversation because it is something we should've considered when we first divorced. I want Gabby more than I want kids. So, that should've been something we discussed. Anyways, we can always use surrogacy to have more kids. So, we still have plenty of options to expand our family.