Chapter 378

Boden's POV: As I was walking around the firehouse, I thought I saw a familiar couple walking towards the house. Once I saw the stroller, I knew it was them. It was Matt and Gabby. God, they looked so good together with their son. I always secretly knew they liked each other. It was why I made sure to help them stay together at the house. I knew it would've killed them if Gabby had to transfer and now, look at them, they have their dream life.

I was there with Gabby when she lost her first baby, so seeing her so happy with her son Matteo made me happy. Finally, things were looking great. And boy, did they look happy when they walked in. They smiled at me as soon as they walked in. "I am assuming you saw us walk up?" Matt said, pushing the stroller. "I did. Now, how about you let me look at this little guy."

Matt chuckled and nodded as I walked over to the stroller, looking at him. "You know, I don't think I've gotten a chance to hug you since you've been back Gabby." Gabby turned to look at me and nodded. "No, it's so glad to see you again." She hugged me and smiled. "How are you feeling? I knew you were here. But, didn't expect you to be back." 

I sighed when she said that. "I am back but, I am staying here. I have to do everything remotely. Hermann and Severide pretty much just take over." Matt nodded and smiled. "Listen, do you think maybe we can talk to you? I'll bring Matteo to Hermann and he can watch him. They we have to talk please?" I nodded and smiled. "I'll be in my office." Walking away to my office, I couldn't help but wonder what Matt and Gabby had to talk to me about.