He Was Divorced!

Sylvie's POV: As I heard what Antonio said to me, I was not happy with Gabby. He didn't need to know about me and Matt. "We never slept together. It was flirtation. Gabby you know that. Well, I am at least hoping that Matt told you that." I turned to look at Matt who was leaning against the door. He nodded and smiled. "I told her that when we first got together again. She wanted to make sure that I wasn't seeing anybody before we got back together."

Matt then turned to look at Gabby and smiled. "Not that it would've mattered. Sorry Sylvie but, if we would've been dating when Gabby came back pregnant....I would've right away ended our relationship and gone back to Gabby." Antonio looked up at me. "Because...." Matt then sighed. "No Antonio, not because I would feel obligated to. Because I love her. Even when she was gone, it was why me and Sylvie couldn't be together. She was too close to Gabby."

I nodded, knowing what he was talking about. Matt then added on. "Plus, I was mad when Gabby left. I thought things maybe I shouldn't have thought and things, looking back...I didn't really mean because I was angry that she left. If I would've tried to date Sylvie, it would've come up and she would've defended Gabby. I knew it would not be a healthy relationship and, to save our professional relationship...we agreed to stay friends and not take it any further."

Gabby then nodded, glad to hear that. "And Gabby, I know you think I still have feelings for Matt but...I don't. When he shut me down, I moved on because it was the right thing to do. Honestly, I was just trying to get revenge on Antonio I think." I turned to look at Matt. "Sorry, but you were his ex-Brother-in-Law. Me being with you would've pissed him off." Antonio then nodded and smiled at all of us. "It totally would have. Listen, how about we take this to my place?"

I nodded and smiled at him. "We need to talk anyways. Maybe I'll see you guys over the holidays?" Gabby smiled and looked at Antonio. "You going to the CPD Southsiders Ball in December?" Matt looked at me, not remembering ever going to that event. "What's that?"