Chapter 358

Matt's POV: As I stood at my closet in the bedroom, I was pissed. I mean thinks I hurt his sister when I am talking like that? Doesn't he know that Hallie is still someone I care about. Sure, she's dead but...she was my first love. And for heaven's sake....we were engaged. That's a relationship I am always going to cherish. God, why does he have to be such an ass sometimes?

That's when I heard Gabby walk in and close the door. I turned to look at her and sighed. She then spoke up. "That's a nice shirt." I smiled, knowing she is trying to cheer me up. "Sorry about that out there. It's just...I know I shouldn't be mad about stuff that is about Hallie but..." Gabby just walked over to me and stopped me from talking. "Matt, relax. I was insulted too."

I then realized why she was insulted. At the time, she was dating Peter. But, I was just more upset because of the timing. Literally, the same week that Molly's opened....Hallie was killed. "It's just hard to talk about Molly's opening night." I moved to sit on the bed and then sighed. "I feel like it's such a pivotal moment in our relationship yet, a horrible week in my life."

Gabby just nodded and let me talk. "I mean, we got much closer after we finished building the bar but...right after I finished building it, my fiancé gets murdered. Is this weird that I am insulted about it when we are married?" Gabby walked up to me and grabbed my head. She then pushed it up before bending down to kiss me softly. "No, because she was someone special in your life."

I nodded and smiled before grabbing her back and starting to kiss her. "We need the night tonight. Antonio is definitely talking Matteo. But, do me a favor?" Gabby then smiled. "What's that?" I smiled. "Wear that nice, tight black dress that you wore when we first slept together. That's very sexy and I want to take it off tonight." Gabby smirked. "But, I am bartending."

I smiled at her. "And if anybody tries to touch my woman, they are going to have to deal with me. I am going to be there tonight, having fun with our friends but...not drinking. Since Matteo is gone tonight, I am going to help you take off that nice dress and then we are going to get close in bed." Gabby nodded and smiled as she went to get up. "Go get Matteo packed, I'm changing."

I nodded and smiled as I watched her walk away before getting up too and going to grab my wallet from my side table. I then made my way to the washroom to brush my teeth before eventually packing Matteo a bag since he was going with Antonio tonight.