Godparents

Antonio's POV: "Antonio and Sylvie, will you be Matteo's godparents?" When I heard Gabby ask me that question, I was shocked yet also over the moon. However, I thought at first she was going to ask Severide and Stella like she previously said. Then again, I am his uncle. "I would be honored Gabby. I mean, if that's what you want too Matt."

Matt nodded as he went to sit with Gabby. "I am letting Gabby take control of the christening. I never was big on faith so...I am just going to let Gabby figure it out." Gabby turned to look at Matt and smiled while grabbing his hand. "You are so sweet. However, you can plan the reception." Matt looked at her scared. "Reception? Like after the..."

Gabby looked at him and nodded. "It's a celebration. We have family there, friends there." I could tell that Matt wasn't too sure about this. "Can't this just be a quiet family thing Gabby? I mean, it's not like we go to church every weekend and stuff. Why make a big deal about it?" And now I knew why Matt and Gabby never talked about religion.

I sighed and looked at Gabby. "Gabby, are you doing the Baptism because you think I am pressuring you or...." Gabby shook her head. "No, it's more. Matt, you know that I am big on religion. I pray every time you go into a fire. So...I want my son to have the same protection that I have. Please, it's for my piece of mind."

Matt nodded and then kissed her shoulder. "Of course, you just plan it and I will go along with it." Gabby nodded, understanding that he doesn't really understand what goes into a christening. "Matt, we can talk about this later okay? I want you to understand my reasoning why I want him baptized. I want you to understand what role I want faith to play in his life."

Matt agreed. "Sure, this afternoon maybe?" Gabby nodded before turning her attention back to us. "So, uhm...do you guys have plans for this afternoon?" I then looked at Gabby. "You mean other than telling my kids?" That's when I realized that Gabby was probably not really up for hosting and was really tired. "Actually Antonio, maybe we should go."

I turned to look at Brett confused. "Why?" I smiled at Gabby. "Gabby looks tired, and I am pretty sure she is just letting you stay for a while because she wants to be nice." Gabby was about to object to what I said but instead, she just sighed. "It's true, I am pretty tired." I smiled at her. "Listen, we'll get out of here." I then went to get up and hugged my sister.

"Thanks for understanding. I just need to relax." I nodded and smiled before walking over to Matt. He then got up and shook my hand. "Thanks again." I smiled and nodded. "Get that one to bed. She obviously didn't get enough sleep last night." Matt turned to look at Gabby and nodded. "Here, I'll let you guys out and then we can go to bed Gabby." Gabby nodded at him while he led me and Brett to the door so that they could have some time alone.